225 TO 230

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jonnyjarvis

Looking to change my crank on my standard TS1 225. Thinking of getting 60 stroke which will give me 230cc. Pushing out 20 bhp with 16 ft/lb torque at the minute. What kind of difference would it make ( if any ) by simply changing crank compared to changing crank and a mild tune/porting ?
joespeed

you are close to 'taffspeed' you would benefit from being local 'terrible taff' on here has a serious amount of knowledge at hand and also the dyno to set the scooter up!
regards
joe
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Best advice is to give Darrell Taylor a message on here, 60 mil crank and a good tune should be around 30 hp and over 20ftlbs depending on exhaust and carb, from low revs and not a high rever either. :-)
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

or Taffspeeds,
muppet,
C’est la vie
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

I'd use Darrell again he's a smashing bloke too :D

Dean
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

I would go to taffspeed, Ian's a great guy and has forgotten more about tuning lambrettas than most people know about it. And the plus is that he has a dyno on site as well.
Muttley McLadd

You're not far from Readspeed. Worth a visit.

He knows his stuff. He doesn't just see if his thumb will fit through the exhaust port.
CakeAndArseParty
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Muttley McLadd wrote:You're not far from Readspeed. Worth a visit.

He knows his stuff. He doesn't just see if his thumb will fit through the exhaust port.
I had a blast on one of his TS230`s. Fantastic machine :o :D
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Muttley McLadd wrote:You're not far from Readspeed. Worth a visit.
I've got big thumbs so I could do ya a TS tuning jobby an I don't av a Dyno but I can talk it up over a few beers down the pub an get a GPS that thinks of a BIG number :mrgreen:
muppet,
or ya cud use darrel or the legend of the scooter world thats known as taffspeeds or jerome an many others,
C’est la vie
Muttley McLadd

Muppet wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote: I've got big thumbs so I could do ya a TS tuning jobby an I don't av a Dyno but I can talk it up over a few beers down the pub an get a GPS that thinks of a BIG number :mrgreen:
muppet,
or ya cud use darrel or the legend of the scooter world thats known as taffspeeds or jerome an many others,
Jerome's are opposable, which helps.
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information