So what are we buying instead of Schwalbes?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
andy66
Main scooter: series 3

everytime i hear the word 'SAVA' it gives me the shivers.....
ive run quite a few different makes of tyre,from ve rubber cheapies to shwalbes.

Ive NEVER had a problem in the wet with any..........,until now.
i was looking for tyres for my sip tubeless rims on my PX and was told by someone whose opinion i respected that sava mc18 were a good tyre for wet,dry,2 up etc
BOLLOX,i wont even go out on the px if its wet now,ive never known a tyre slide about like they do,even on a slight bend you can feel it.
obviously there was more profit margin in the sava tyres.
sorry about the bit of a rant.
i need some good all round tyres so im interested in what others are using aswell
carlos fandango

I've changes from shwables to hiendenaus k61 100/90 speed rating 82 MPH.Done 1800miles so far, i think about another 1000 miles left on the rear. Weathermans did about 1500/ 2000 miles so quite pleased with that. grip wise i i impressed not a hint of a slip with them :-) even on a wet track at cobblesoul this year. :-)
Russ
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
whonatic

[quote="cgt75b"]Conti Navigators are a great tyre IMHO :D[/quote

Conti navigators are superb, best all round tyre I've used, I believe they've stopped making them but plenty of brand new ones usually for sale on eBay
Train Driver

I don't worry about rain I only ride in august and a bit of september and if it rains then the scooter doesn't come out and I stick to my SUV :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

Like i said on other thread. I have allways had s1 or s83 , one of the lads recomended "conti twists"
And he has toured europe and crossed africa on his scoots. I paid 22 quid each and are very grippy even good in wet.
If you do get twists the rear tread faces opposite the front.

Ive never had sava but never heard anything good about em only bad
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
Red GP Rider
Main scooter: GP RB 240 Taylor Tuned

ArmandTanzarian wrote:Having checked my Schwalbes just in time to avoid death (see defective tyre thread) I'm after a new set of 3.50x10 tyres.

What's a good all round tourer with a decent speed rating and where's the best place to get them?

Try Continental - 350 X 10 - Twist brilliant tyre, @ £29.95 Beedspeed , 01472 722 222, great service as well
Muttley McLadd

philhnottm wrote:Aren't tyres like girlfriends you should aim for the best quality on the market!
The poor quality ones can be fun too ;)

I'm on the last of my stockpile of Dunlop TT92s. Very good grip in the dry, and I've not felt any twitches using them in the wet either. Back ones have lasted about 7500km. Can't complain at that.
CakeAndArseParty
Boothy_the_makem

philhnottm wrote:Arn't tyres like girlfriends you should aim for the best quality on the market ! Or get the best you can afford without your mates sniggering at the one you have!

On a serious note i bought a large order of Racemans and a couple of sets of sportmans ( got a great deal) a while back and have ran and ran without any problems. Neighbours an ex tyre fitter who swears by checking them every week without fail the tyre and pressure not just before a rally or a few times a year!!

Is it just the white walls and weathermans that people are having problems with or the fore mentioned also??
Just about to change a set of racemans that have done we well for about 4k miles .

If so for sale Raceman and Sportsmans going cheap!!

No . Tyres are more important than girlfriends although there are some similarities.
For instance the best looking ones arent necessarily the best performer.
A good all rounder is usually best.
They can let you down unexpectedly softly or harshly
And its advisable practice to get rid of old worn ones in favour of fresh new.
Though tyres are allways clad in rubber where its a bonus fer girlfriends :D

And tyres are always underneath ya when yer ride em
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
Muttley McLadd

Boothy_the_makem wrote:
No . Tyres are more important than girlfriends although there are some similarities.

And they both get warm with a good whipping.

And tyres don't follow you round, when you've finished using them.
CakeAndArseParty
Boothy_the_makem

Muttley McLadd wrote:
Boothy_the_makem wrote:

And they both get warm with a good whipping.

And tyres don't follow you round, when you've finished using them.
My mrs used to be like a decent race tyre and is now like a JCB one :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information