TomTom rider help?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arch_Stanton

Recently fitted a tom tom rider v3 and it works perfectly using its internal battery on the passive mount supplied, tried it out going to the 65th Lambretta do at Lincoln, perfect test , I more or less knew the route from Brum and would be able to see its route finding ability and as it turned out I now know it's well waterproof I've recently done the full DC conversion, so I recharged from the lighter socket and ran it on the return journey aswell.

So far great, now I know it works I'll buy an active powered dock and wire it in to the external battery. Wired the dock in, attatched tomtom, powers up OK. But when I ride the scoot the sat nav looses all satelite signals and becomes useless, thought I'd wired it wrong and fried the unit but pulled the power lead and it came back on fine. Tried it powered up in the car via cigar lighter - fine. Last resort fitted it to another scoot which uses an AC regulator but has a small Koso regulator to supply 12v DC, same problem - runs fine when stationary but looses all signals on the move.

Bit lost as to what to try next, can anybody help?
Mel K

Email TomTom, I've found them very helpful with faulty parts, maybe they can solve your problem.
Arch_Stanton

Yes they were very quick to respond, apparently I could have the wrong type of windscreen :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information