Best way to put disc brake grills in?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Robi D

I have a scootarse hub half, I built the complete hub and when I went to put in the grills they don't really fit!! there are gaps at the sides and they were a bugger to put in! Leave it to them to build a hub and grills and not have the two fit together!!! I am quite happy with the hub itself though, it looks pretty good. I ordered some casa grills and am wondering the best way to put them in place? I had to warm the others in boiling water to put them in place and one of them still broke!
Thanks
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Never had a problem, they simply snap in, bottom edge first, held with pliers, then pop in........ ?
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Robi D

Excellent! That's what I expected of the last ones, but after the one broke I was a bit nervous!!! This is my first disc brake so didn't know what to expect.
Cheers!
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Me to, just bent them in with mild violence and a flat screwdriver. And took them out and refitted them after adjusting the pad, no problems. Have original hub though, but quite ugly plastic indian looking grills from some on the corner scootershop...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information