Scoot RS 'Atomic' reed valve conversion...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
camel

coaster wrote:
camel wrote:give it a fair chance....too many assumptions as per usual.facts are what we want!
Strange attitude fella :? I thought this forum was all about debate and sharing of knowledge/experience/opinions. If you would like to buy one, grind most of your fins off and report back please feel free :fb:
to be honest your concerns on the fin removal i share,but as darrell has pointed out does it get that hot on the inlet side?.i just think new products deserve a fair chance to prove themselves and negative speculation without facts dosnt help anybody,and yes i will buy one if a uk dealer sells one as per the original post.
coaster

camel wrote:.....i just think new products deserve a fair chance to prove themselves and negative speculation without facts dosnt help anybody,and yes i will buy one if a uk dealer sells one as per the original post.
It is not negative speculation, I agree that there has been a LOT of negative speculation in relation to this partiticulkar suppliers products, some justified and some not. But, my comments were not negative speculation, just my concerns on one aspect of the design. Without debate like this we do not advance our knowledge and would have to buy everything blind. We already have Darrel's veiws on the impact of fin removal which would seem to have some logic.

On another point, when I looked at the manifolds on the Scootrs site I didn't think the price was that cheap to be honest esp by the time tax and shipping is added, last time I looked the LTH and MB manifolds could be had for around £90 or so. I paid more for my MB manifold as I wanted the mallosi 6 petal reeds and rubber which TBH makes it rather pricey.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

i feel the 3 common reed valves available lth,mbd,atomic would all perform similarly but have a few fors and againsts but most important is down to how they are fitted which will have a much greater effect than the smaller differences between design
there are many choices when fitting to get the reedvalves full benefit
how the inlet is cut/matched to the reedbox
how the inlet port is cut on its width/floor and roof
how the boost port is cut 1,2 or 3 ports?
where the boost port/s are located around the bore
boost port width/roof angle and duration
how the piston is cut/window/s added or not or combination

fitment considerations lth being easiest and atomic with most fins to remove
panel clearance for filter
engine type , size and carb choice, lth small mbd medium atomic large reed valves
purchase cost
other issues/problems ,unseen costs

then theres the consideration of reed conversion at all other than wanting a reed kit that sits carb on the left ,or where you have a good existing kit thats serviceable as the cost of reed kit then porting work and possible top end service with new piston you can end up with £300 upwards in the job when a new ts1 kit at around £450 with the sale of your existing kit would be as cost effective
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

So....anyone in the UK stocking these? lol

And....i actually don't care which brand it is, ScootRS, LTH or MB....i just want the cheapest. If someone has a used Reedvalve kit for sale, or can point me in the direction of a cheap new one then i'd be grateful.

Thanks

Dan
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Difficult to get hold off second hand, Chiggy has them in stock ( LTH new) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 531&type=1
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
RAP 200

I chose the rapido cylinder because it has a lot more material around the stud and transfer area and after the fins are removed there is still plenty of alloy there, like i said my cylinder is bored to 71mm and everytime i take it out i ride it hard,i live about 15mins from the adelaide hills and thats like a race track , and i have had it on the freeway sat on 100 to 110 kph,and i have done this in hotter weather than the uk will ever have, so what i am saying is if it works over here you shouldnt have any probs over there.
camel

i see someone is selling these on ebay
badwrench
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

I'm a little confused ?

LTH has the most clearance between the panel and the carb ?
MBD has less clearance ?
Scoot RS has very little clearance ?

I'm looking to put a reed valve on a stock ported barrel with a Dellorto PHBH carb and a remote air filter.
coaster

badwrench wrote:I'm a little confused ?

LTH has the most clearance between the panel and the carb ?
MBD has less clearance ?
Scoot RS has very little clearance ?
According to MB, theirs has more clearance to the panel, I have tried the MB and the panel clearance is ok on a series 3 with a PHBH but you will strugle to get a filter on. I wanted to use a Breathsweet filter and couldn't get the panel on when I tried it with the PHBH. Swapped to a PWK which is a lot shallower and it just cleared. I have no idea of the ScootRs clearance.
camel

had a message from scootrs saying that he dosnt know weather a phbh carb fits the manifold....seems odd that he wouldnt know weather the most widely used carb fits...oh well thats one of my options of my list
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information