Mikuni....is this right?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lockman69

Is this right ?, supplied with my TM24 Mikuni carb was the flip choke and the cable choke, as you can see there no where near close in size/length..............I have been having a few issues with starting and wonder if the cable choke is for a bigger carb.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Matty

Strangely enough I noticed the same problem with my TM24 yesterday. I have the cable choke conversion from Allens Performance so assume it's correct. When I installed the conversion it wouldn't operate when I pulled the choke cable. I seem to remember someone mentioning they had to drill out the hole for it to work.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Contact Mark at Jet200 Performance, he should be able to sort you out.
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
lockman69

Reply from Jet200

To: lockman69

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't compare the two - the stock plunger travels far more than it needs to. If your carb is jetted properly using the pull choke, you can now begin to install the cable choke. If the choke isn't working properly you'll notice the bike runs differently. Install the cable choke system - you are looking for some free play in the cable when the plunger is bottoming out. Any amount of free play is fine as long as you are also getting about 5-6mm of travel with the cable. If you aren't getting enough air through the choke - the bike will become hard to start. Use the adjuster to increase the cable travel while also making sure that you still have some free play in the cable when the plunger is bottoming out. You can also clip the spring a bit to get more travel out of the plunger.

It takes some fine tuning but once you have it all installed I think you'll see how it all works. Then you can just listen to what the bike is telling you. The most important part is having your bike jetted properly BEFORE installing the choke.

Hope that helps.
jimmers

cant be from bigger carb as the 24mm is unique to those carbs and wont fit 35mm tmx etc
Train Driver

http://www.sandyscooters.com/
donnie sorted my choke problem, well he made the coffee while Paul sorted it :lol: :lol:
Paul made a spacer so the plunger moved as i think there was to much cable
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information