tm 24 on a ts1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Speed Demon wrote:Latest set-up in my Lammy is a rapido 225 converted to LTH reed and just dropped from 28mm carb to 24mm VHST. No loss of peak power so far but lost a few hp in over-rev. Got a good ride to do tomorrow so hopefully have an idea if the fuel economy bonus outweighs the lost power at higher rpm.
How did it go Martin?
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

cezeta wrote:
GP Kevo wrote:Dean Suinn, in Los Angeles, made a custom intake manifold for a customer that wanted to run a 24 mm Mikuni TM flatslide carburetor on his TS1 225 Indian GP200. He wanted the carb mounted on the left side, as standard. I think Dean built the engine for him. I remember him riding it at rallies, and he told me that he used it to commute to LA everyday on the freeways from San Bernadino where he lived. He said it was fast enough for the freeways, got good mpg and was reliable. This was back around 1997 or '98.
i had heard of this and sounds ideal, any photos?
I don't have any. I rarely carried a camera with me. I'll ask Dean if he has any photos, but I kind of doubt it. Before digital cameras became cheap taking photos wasn't as easy or cheap as now. Dean used to fabricate custom stuff like that in his garage at night. You could always find his house after dark from the lightning like bursts of welding light escaping from his half closed garage door.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Bilko wrote:
Speed Demon wrote:Latest set-up in my Lammy is a rapido 225 converted to LTH reed and just dropped from 28mm carb to 24mm VHST. No loss of peak power so far but lost a few hp in over-rev. Got a good ride to do tomorrow so hopefully have an idea if the fuel economy bonus outweighs the lost power at higher rpm.
How did it go Martin?
Any news on this Mr Stickman or is it for a future scootrin article?
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Thought I'd bring this up for discussion to see if there were more results from people. I never got round to doing this due to circumtances.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

hope it still cools as it shud
C’est la vie
B1kegrim
Main scooter: Lambretta

Resurrecting this old thread as I’ve been experimenting today with a small carb on a TS1 with an Exbox ST. Normally I run this TS1 in a S2 solo but its currently powering my S2 combo while I build a different engine for it. It’s a really torquey motor and a great ride with a 5 speed box pulling 4.6 final drive but it does have the usual TS1 splutter even with a casatronic ignition at around 4500 rpm and on solo you don’t really notice it but with the a sidecar it’s just where you don’t want it. With its PHBH30 It’s also using about twice as much fuel as when a solo, so I thought I’d try a PHBH26 that I’ve got spare for the hell of it after discussing with a mate at the D150 the other week. Guessing at 130, 53, AV266 and X7 p2 and 40 slide 300 float jet it’s really nice and smooth and doesn’t feel under powered nor does it feel lean. If anything a tad rich in higher revs. Plug is dark to milk chocolate at half throttle. I’m not 100% convinced yet but it’s an experiment and I’ll do more plug chopping to be certain. I thought I’d post this in case anyone else was wondering and to see whether People thought it was a good idea or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information