tm 24 on a ts1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

has anyone done this? i know a number of tuners say it will work and with a bit of peak power lost but has anyone got a dyno of one or any first hand experience.

im trying to gt186 my ts1 240 :?
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Funny, I nipped over to see David Blythe last night, ended up drinking tea and chatting for quite a few hours ! This exact subject came up, we're both of the opinion that a 24mm carb would be ideal for a slightly de-tuned TS1. Might be worth having a chat with David yourself, perhaps between the 2 of you, something could be arranged for your own dyno session ?

Cheers

DM
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Terrible Taff
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta's & Vespa's

teamsequipe wrote:Funny, I nipped over to see David Blythe last night, ended up drinking tea and chatting for quite a few hours ! This exact subject came up, we're both of the opinion that a 24mm carb would be ideal for a slightly de-tuned TS1. Might be worth having a chat with David yourself, perhaps between the 2 of you, something could be arranged for your own dyno session ?

Cheers

DM
I believe that the following people have done this conversion:~
Scooter loopy john in Portsmouth with a TM24 on his TS1-225 & Simon Brace a 26mm Dellorto.

No contact details sorry!

If you do go down this route I am more than intersted to help out with the Dyno & Jetting work.
I have always believed that a 26mm carb should work well & improve ecconomy with only a small loss of power.
RD350LC Twin has 26mm Mikuni's & 60bhp! (175cc Cylinder 30bhp)

Ian
Ian T Frankland

Taffspeed Design Innovations
Mob: 07971 818693
Email: terrible.taff@gmail.com
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

also... reed valve Runners with 20+ bhp and 25mm Dellorto BIG CARB (?!) option.
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Terrible Taff wrote:
teamsequipe wrote:Funny, I nipped over to see David Blythe last night, ended up drinking tea and chatting for quite a few hours ! This exact subject came up, we're both of the opinion that a 24mm carb would be ideal for a slightly de-tuned TS1. Might be worth having a chat with David yourself, perhaps between the 2 of you, something could be arranged for your own dyno session ?

Cheers

DM
Scooter loopy john in Portsmouth with a TM24 on his TS1-225 & Simon Brace a 26mm Dellorto.

If you do go down this route I am more than intersted to help out with the Dyno & Jetting work.
I have always believed that a 26mm carb should work well & improve ecconomy with only a small loss of power.

Ian
There you go Guys, can't say fairer than that.............. nice one Ian :D

Hope to catch up soon buddy, you doing the IW this year ??

Hope all is well.

Darrell
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Agent Buchwald

Has a TM24 got enough casting and slide width to be bored out to 26mm?
lockman69

I replaced my Dellorto VHSB34 with a Dellorto PHBH 30MM Power jet on my TS1, no real noticeable difference in performance but 30%+ less fuel and a much nicer ride.

I tried the Mikuni TM24 and the TM(X) 30 MM carbs on TS1’s and stage 4 200’s and had nothing but trouble setting them up and always had temperature spikes that I couldn’t iron out, both set ups went on a dyno but ultimately the Mikuni’s just didn’t seem suited for my Lambretta’s, have had no issues with either of the dellorto’s .
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Im looking to putting a Dellorto 26mm and a Clubman of sorts on my Muggy 225.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
cezeta

Terrible Taff wrote:

Cheers

DM

Ian
i will take you up on that, im always happy to pay but even more happy to pay someone with a bit of enthusiasm. you dynod it in 97.....should still be under warrenty :?
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Bilko wrote:Im looking to putting a Dellorto 26mm and a Clubman of sorts on my Muggy 225.
Thats exactly what I am doing at the mo, as soon as jetting is finalised I'll let you know.
bought all the parts from camlam ready jetted but they are way out (very rich).
spent a fortune on nedles and jets so far.

mugello 225, phbh26 and ancilotti 42mm downpipe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information