In need of a bit of direction.........

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
djh66
Main scooter: 150 special

I've just swapped from a 24mm pwk to a 30mm PHBH on my gt 186 kitted special, I realise I may have more than one problem here....
When I get it running it's running ok(ish) but if I wack the throttle open quicky it dies. It's a bit of a bugger to start again as I think it's flooding, I checked the plug and it's wet! This will probably be the float valve, but will that cause the dying? Currently AV 268, 124 main, 47 pilot,40 slide and x7 needle, second clip down, no filter. Any advice appreciated.
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I once had a carb that was massively over jetted. My scooter had no power and wouldn't go up hills. Wouldn't pick up either. I don't know if that's the case with yours, but it's food for thought.
djh66

Sorted the flooding issue, and have gone to a 55 pilot and that seems to have stopped the dying issue.
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

my ts 240 runs a 129 main and av268 atomiser albeit utilising a power jet , so you may be a bit over jetted ......have you looked in the carb section to see if anyone else is running similar
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
djh66

joeswoonara wrote:my ts 240 runs a 129 main and av268 atomiser albeit utilising a power jet , so you may be a bit over jetted ......have you looked in the carb section to see if anyone else is running similar
Only on the stand at the minute, but I have looked at what others are running and I may well come down main jet size, just waiting on a new throttle cable.
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Try an AV 266 atomiser and a 120/122main you should then be somewhere within the ballpark I would try a 52 pilot X7/X13 needle 2nd clip AV266 120/122 main as a base setting An AV268 is too rich for a GT186 kit.
djh66

Having put the 30mm on, it sits on the right hand, but doesn't leave room for my ram air when the panel is on.Doh!
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
djh66

Having just done 10 miles and checked the plug, it was light brown, a little too lean, I think. So I changed the needle from an X7 to a X13, when I started it up it wouldn't tickover and was very smoky! I take it the X13 is a richer needle? Should I have dropped the clip on the X7 rather than change forn a X13? Advice appreiciated. Dave
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Needle shouldn't come into it at tickover should it?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
djh66

rosscla wrote:Needle shouldn't come into it at tickover should it?
Well, Ive put the X7 back in and dropped it down to the 3rd clip, and it seems alot better! So I'll test it and see.
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information