Lambretta Keys bending!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
iLambretta
Xbox live gamer tag: Intimid8

So this is weird - I have had 2 different Union brand ignition switches installed on my LIS150 and each time, they are bending the ignition keys to the point where they will eventually snap off in the ignition. This is happening with the original keys (Chinese or Japanese I am sure) as well as with replacement keys that I have made at the local hardware store.
Any ideas why this would be happening?
Dryballs

Do you have a spare wheel under the handlebars?

I found in the past that the keys would jam against the tyre when you turned the handlebars and bend the ignition key up

Good luck,

db
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

I bent one of my keys [and eventually it snapped] by leaning against it when I was taking the bike off the stand... :oops:
i really must get a spare....
iLambretta
Xbox live gamer tag: Intimid8

No, there is no spare there, the keys are just dangling freely. I thought originally that perhaps the weight of a few other keys was straining the key in the iognition, but evern without any other keys attached, this is happening. It is either completely shitty inition, or there is some weird subsonic vibrations going on throughout my scooter that is warping keys like Uri Geller
:?:

Dryballs wrote:Do you have a spare wheel under the handlebars?

I found in the past that the keys would jam against the tyre when you turned the handlebars and bend the ignition key up

Good luck,

db
Dimitrios_231

I can't remember any lammy key (steering lock) I owned, that wasn't bend.
BarryP

byron wrote:I bent one of my keys [and eventually it snapped] by leaning against it when I was taking the bike off the stand... :oops:
i really must get a spare....
Me too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information