I need a wiring genius to help me on this one.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jaymarriott
Main scooter: 1961 TV2

Evening,

I need some advice on wiring options for my TV2. I know it's a ball-ache but I want it to look as original as possible, but more than happy to convert parts to suit.

1/ all the wiring will be as original specification, Loom - U.K battery 6v, 3 pin brake light switch - late CEV rear light, light & ignition switch, DC regulator.

2/ engine wise it is a GP engine with a Rapido 225, GP crank - with an 12v AC kit on it.

I have a GP 6v Ducati AC flywheel and stator - can I rewire the stator to a DC set up?

I brought an original style HT coil which is an old 12v one, would this work with the 12v kit that is already fitted to my scooter with the Varitronic rectifier wired in?

I've got one of those tiny battery charging rectifiers out of a Varitronic kit - which could go inside the DC regulator...

Or should I look out for a 6v DC GP flywheel and stator - would a 4 pole rectifier be ok to run a 6 pole GP battery flywheel & stator if modified?

Or if I could get me hands on an TV2 flywheel and stator and get it machined to suit the GP crank or buy a GP flywheel boss and swap them over?

Hope this makes sense....
Cheers.
  • Information