Changing open mouth carb..

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

To a remote air filter, a 22m GP air hose and maxi flow filter has been suggested. Been told I will loose a bit of power, is there a better alternative?
burridge01

Leave it as it is :ninja:
Brighton F.C-LOL
Lamaddict

I've given up on all those foam filters. If it's standard just leave it alone IMO
MisterD
Main scooter: Lambretta Imola GP

Timbo wrote:Been told I will loose a bit of power
I think that will depend on how much air your engine is sucking. The pod filter made no noticeable difference on the dyno, to my Mikuni TM28/Imola/Clubman setup, but I'm not expecting the same result when my JL4 goes on.
Train Driver

I think Mb did a shorty manifold, I used a 24mm mikuni on a rapido 225 and it worked very well.
Filter i think you should try a breathsweet, but still think you should get one of these

http://www.bgmproducts.co.uk/spares/cra ... m0241.html
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
lozmondo

The breathsweet gave my 24mm Mikuni a lean spot
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Breathsweet on my Harry Barlow 230 runs exactly the same as open carb. Nice to hear from you Timbo drop me an IM mate.
lozmondo

Special X wrote:Breathsweet on my Harry Barlow 230 runs exactly the same as open carb. Nice to hear from you Timbo drop me an IM mate.
Is this on a 24mm Mikuni ?
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Hi Timbo,

A 22mm is best served (IMO) on a modified/tuned/kitted motor through the use of a modified airbox and decent sstandard type filter. Yes, a foam filter can work but watch out for the silly little ones available, which actually have a very small surface area when compared to a standard shape filter!

Adam
cezeta

bgm now do a high flow standard filter.

if you go for a foam one then the breath sweet is the one or beedspeed do a k and n with short rubber that works well too.

the ribbed rubber is the killer, think about it....why spend lots of dosh gas flowing then to bolt on a convoluted inlet rubber that resticts the flow
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information