Alternative to Vapour speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
geedubu187

With all the talk recently of Vapour speedo's it got me thinking that somewhere lurking in my garage was a 'road kit' for a trials bike I had.After a good search I found it and looked into fitting the speedo (c/w rev counter) which came with it to my scooter.I eventually found a wiring diagram and then set about wiring it up.I have only done it temp for the time being to make sure everything works and the next step will be to modify a headset to house it permanently and wire the speed pickup into the front hub a la "Jason Frost" method.As you can see from the pictures below it is not unlike the Vapour one so if you know anyone who has a trials bike and changes it regularly then it might be worth having a word with them to see if they have one hidden away in a garage somewhere.
Must go and search for another front hub and spare headset top now to modify so I can always revert back to standard :roll:

Graham

Why do my toys get more expensive the older I get?
jimmers

looks good

whats the make and model number??
DACTEK
Dealer

Acewell 3150?. We are in the middle of making a speedo that will fit straight into a gp headset, with temp,fuel and rev counter. Should be ready within the month.
jimmers

cool

any idea of prices yet??
geedubu187

The link below is where I got the info from,there is no marking/model number on the one I have got but it came with a housing which included indicator/high and low beam warning lamps.

http://www.acewell.co.uk/en_uk/motorcycle/index.htm
Why do my toys get more expensive the older I get?
rossi46

the temp guage installed in the unit is for a water cooled bike ??? just checked out the manual and the max temp readings is 150 degrees C ?
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

wire the speed pickup into the front hub a la "Jason Frost" method.Must go and search for another front hub and spare headset top now to modify so I can always revert back to standard :roll:
Can anyone enlighten me with the Jason Frost method?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

red ghost wrote:
wire the speed pickup into the front hub a la "Jason Frost" method.Must go and search for another front hub and spare headset top now to modify so I can always revert back to standard :roll:
Can anyone enlighten me with the Jason Frost method?
I think that is to put the magnet in the nylon speedo drive, and insert the cable with the sensor in the hole of the hub.
I remember to see somewhere this conversion.
lockman69

DACTEK wrote:Acewell 3150?. We are in the middle of making a speedo that will fit straight into a gp headset, with temp,fuel and rev counter. Should be ready within the month.
:D ;) :?: :?: :D

Would be a great bit of kit, how did it go?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information