taking longer for revs to drop

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

rapido 200 with a delly 30 open mouthed (tea strainer) hole in panel AF clubman.Carb settings atomiser/needle jet AV266
main jet 122
float jet 300
X7 needle second clip
40 slide
55 pilot
choke 70
mixture screw 3 turns out
Brief history, running the above decided to have a hole in the panel with a grill :roll: ,did it about a fortnight ago,then due to work commitments and family holiday haven't had chance to give it a test run.Went out on it this afternoon round to mates house,goes fine,just when you close the throttle ,where as before the revs dropped off instantly now it seems to take longer for it to settle.Is this the hole in the panel? Going to give it a once over tomorrow morning and do plug chops anybody give any pointers.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Yes.

It's now running leaner than before.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
DaveTomo

Bugger! I thought so :roll: looks like a fun day tomorrow titting about with the carb,where would be the best place to start, needle,atomiser,mixture? Thanks for the reply Dan
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Safe way is to start rich and work backwards. And try one thing at a time to give definative info/feedback. Try X13 needle first of all, see how you go.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
DaveTomo

Cheers Dan,I'll get on to it tomorrow,I'll post on here what I find,luckily I'm off on Monday as well I feel its going to be a long couple of days & thanks again Dan for the quick reply
scooter perv

If you turn the mixture screw 1/4 -1/2 turn which ever way makes it richer on your carb you should find it drops like it used to. BUT you may need to go richer on your jetting to compensate for the increased air flow. Treat it like you had an air filter and now you havent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information