scootrs outboard disc brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooter perv

Is it normal for the disc to be a bit catchy in some places and not others on a new disc brake? Just got a new one and dont wannt fit it to find the disc warped so thought id ask first :bigsm:
scooter perv

also while im on the subject it didnt come with a brake switch like it was supposed to and the brake lever has quite a bit off up and down play, should there be a washer/spacer under or on top of the lever on the m/c?
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

you could pop the disc off and get it checked for true, its not unknown for the discs to be warped from new, I know of 3..It could also be nothing but the fact its new and unlevel pads, mine from new did bind slightly but soon bedded in..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
scooter perv

Ok thanks mate...think I`ll jst stick it on and see..if I take it down the local engineers I might not see it for a month he`s that quick. :?
camel

my latest one(not fitted yet)came without a brake switch also,yes there is some play in the lever,usually theres a washer packing the lever slightly but when pressured up its usually not a problem,if its new i dont think the disc will be warped,once again when its pressured up it should find its own clearances but theres always is some amount of drag,if you havnt bled one before i find using a shringe and a pipe full of fluid pumped from the caliper on the disc upwards rather from the master cyclinder saves a lot of frustration,think most on here will agree.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Andy Pickering wrote:you could pop the disc off and get it checked for true, its not unknown for the discs to be warped from new, I know of 3..It could also be nothing but the fact its new and unlevel pads, mine from new did bind slightly but soon bedded in..
I know of 2 discs that have run out from new ....must of been left out in the sun and melted!!!

Dean
scooter perv

So how do you bleed it again :?

been trying for a few hours today. Open nipple, pull brake in, close nipple...repeat for half hour and got some bubbles out of bleed nipple but its just a few spurts>bubbles and air. I though if I stuck a syringe with rubber tube on I could draw the fluid through the bleed nipple but it didnt quite work out and I got nowhere. Also my banjo looks like this and wasnt what I was expecting and thought it would be 90 degrees and cut hole in bottom headset.

Mine

What I was expecting

Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

What angle is the fitting on the other end of the hose?
scooter perv

Its about 15-20 degrees which looks about right

oh and the hose is about 10 inches to long so even if I get it working I think im probably gonna have to buy another hose. Company selling them on ebay reckon theyve sold 300 of em and im the first to have a problem so either no ones complained or Im doing something wrong
ArmandTanzarian

Rotate the top hose 180 degrees, go through the headset that way and route it down past the throttle bar. Much neater.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information