Are These Any Use?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

Obviously no good for wheel rims, but are these useable to modify for anything else?
These are rusted through...

This one hase one of the holes enlarged for a padlock :?

Also, is this any good to anyone, S2 toolbox door?...

I also have a couple of Spanish rear hubs, fecked IMO but could they be used? One has shredded splines and the other had the stud holes drilled and M10 bolts loosley fitted :?

All free to a good home for the cost of the postage, I just don't like throwing stuff away :)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Mike, that second rim could be used for a layshaft pulling in tool. You know, where you weld two bits of steel to the edge of the rim, to hold the hub while you tighten it and pull the layhsaft in tight. That's what I did with some shitty Injun rims I had.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
lamblast

make yourself a brake trimmer out of one of the hubs ,ive got one listed on ebay at the moment if you want to see what to do
soulsurfer

Thanks for the ideas guys ;)
lamblast wrote:make yourself a brake trimmer out of one of the hubs ,ive got one listed on ebay at the moment if you want to see what to do
Can I ask what abrasive do you use for these?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Weld 2 lengths of box section onto the rims, to form a triangle and you'll have a very handy rear hub holder/stand when you want to undo or torque up the hub.

I did this and then noticed that they were original Innocenti rims!
lamblast

the abrasive is made by mirka its electro coated resin bonded comes on a long roll i get it at a diy shop its for rubbing your woodwork down for painting and its waterproof the last peice i used did 3 sets of mitaka shoes as there soft if you make one i guarantee your mates will be using it too ,its one of the best things i ever made
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information