SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Train Driver

I thought you were flat out ;) i was reeling you in on my postman pablo vespa :lol: :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

No not flat out , didn't want to arrive a lot before you.... :lol:
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Timbo wrote:...on Sunday the speedo topped at 61mph (not completely flat out) and my sat nav recorded a top speed of 63.5 mph . Is this accurate enough or should I set it up better?
Yeah, you can do much better than that! :D Just fine tune the speedo ratio setting, as I said mine was spot on at 0.77 on Bridgestone Hoops being squashed by my 14 stone! :oops:
Timbo

Tar... :)
Maz

Timbo wrote:I haven't set up everything properly :roll: yet. But on Sunday the speedo topped at 61mph (not completely flat out) and my sat nav recorded a top speed of 63.5 mph . Is this accurate enough or should I set it up better? Not done the milometer yet as I broke down.... :oops:
Not very realistic for a Lambretta Speedo, you need it to be reading at least 80 mph for a GPS 63.5?
Spursy
Main scooter: Series 2 Bgm Race-Tour

Stuck one in mine a week ago ,,, works a treat , easy to install , did have to buy a new speedo worm and cog for me disc brake as it was buggered, got a metal one, hardest part was setting up the display ,,, tip , set the tick over higher , then i could use both hands ,, pretty much set mine up as in the very 1st post on here ,,

fsmlittler

Went through everything again tonight-you have to have really good connections to get everything working.

Hopefully this is a clip of the speedo working:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgz2TtC ... ata_player
giankx

Did anyone ha problems with thw speedo cable connetcion hitting the uppper part of the fork?
On mine GP italian handlebars, the nut of the cable that connect it with the speedo hits the forks and doesn't allow the handlebar cover to close completely.
Timbo

I have Italian handle bars and didn't have any problems.
fsmlittler

Finished fitting the temp sender this morning-after much swearing and dremeling! Refitted the bridge, horn casing etc then fired it up and yep you guessed it-no longer working. I checked and rechecked all the connections at the headset redid numerous wires and bullets and sometimes it would work momentarily others not. Checked the earths on the frame checked the regulator but still nothing. It lights up the backlight so there's power and sometimes the display lights up (then freezes). Checking the SIP loom and there's no continuity on the red wire either side if their magic box of tricks?

I'm struggling to know what to check next but it is looking increasingly like it's their wiring not mine. Has anyone else had problems like this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information