SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

+1, converted mine (series 1 SIP speedo) to Wassell a few months ago, just connect the brown wire input of the SIP box to one of the yellows from the stator to the Wassell regulator and the red input of the SIP box to a switched +12v (if you connect it direct to the battery it will drain the battery).
bjhart
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

:( I am running the BGM DC stator, I have taken the brown feed off of the thick yellow stator wire and nothing on the rev counter. Is there any difference on which wire to use? What setting do I need for the rev counter and will that make it not work at all if wrong (cat shaped mishap with the manual meaning I don't have one now.... nasty).
I am using an 'R' spark plug and all other functions are working with the exception of the temp gauge as I broke the sensor by over tightening it :(
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I'm on my second SIP speedo and have had a few problems setting the new one up. I've just had my scoot painted and restored and was told the speedo drive and gear in the hub was b*ggered. Not something I've ever thought of checking :oops: .....thought I would flag this up in case you haven't checked yours!
mickeyraptor
noob
Main scooter: lambretta LI150 s2 Eibar RB230

Hi all, i have a Sip Speedo in my series 2 i have used the sensor that attaches to the worm drive and plugs into the loom of the speedo,
i am struggling a bit with setup as on the 3rd screen it gives the tyre dimension ok but the ratio is two numbers and a P so its not possible to put in 0.77
any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Wen will u lot learn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eden
Dealer

jonashford wrote:Wen will u lot learn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol:
soulsurfer

Had mine fitted for a few years, using the speedo cable, but still not happy with it. Wired in to Varitronic with DC, never keeps the current time of day (why is this?) the button seems a bit hit & miss when pressed, and now the speedo displays a random number and despite clocking up the mileage, the mph today is 33 and that's standing still engine off,connected to a battery; the other day it was 29, moving and stationary.

Has anybody else had any or all of these, and more to the point, can it be fixed?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Resistor plug? Drive and gear in the hub ok?
soulsurfer

Yep and yep :-)
As I say, it's clocking up the mileage okay, and the mph figure is when stationary, even after its been switched off
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi as anyone useing the new worm drive censor sussed out what you input if any
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information