SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

think you may have answered your own question .........to the brown wires in the headset which ive read everywhere should be main live got nothing. :o have you got power to the brown wire ??
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
jock11
Main scooter: lml 150 5 port

Im very new to lammies, but scoot starts, lights/horn work, start the scoot pull out the brown wire and lights go off, so am assuming brown is live!
but.... put a multimeter on brown wires in headset, with scoot running and no readings! again scoot switched on and multimeter on green wires (ignition?) got a reading!
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

jock11 wrote:Im very new to lammies, but scoot starts, lights/horn work, start the scoot pull out the brown wire and lights go off, so am assuming brown is live!
but.... put a multimeter on brown wires in headset, with scoot running and no readings! again scoot switched on and multimeter on green wires (ignition?) got a reading!
Hi Jock,
You mentioned pulling out the brown wire and the lights go out. Therefore, there is power on the brown wire.
You said you connected the red and brown wires from the speedo to the brown feed above. What you don't say is that the speedo black was connected to a GOOD earth.
If that connection is made it looks like you may have a faulty speedo.
Why not connect it up to a 12V battery to check this? (They will work with a 9V battery if you're stuck)
This is actually a neat way to set them up instead of having to enter all the setting with the engine running. ;)
Good luck!
Nigel
jock11
Main scooter: lml 150 5 port

sideout wrote:
jock11 wrote:Im very new to lammies, but scoot starts, lights/horn work, start the scoot pull out the brown wire and lights go off, so am assuming brown is live!
Hi Jock,
You mentioned pulling out the brown wire and the lights go out. Therefore, there is power on the brown wire.
You said you connected the red and brown wires from the speedo to the brown feed above. What you don't say is that the speedo black was connected to a GOOD earth.
If that connection is made it looks like you may have a faulty speedo.
Why not connect it up to a 12V battery to check this? (They will work with a 9V battery if you're stuck)
This is actually a neat way to set them up instead of having to enter all the setting with the engine running. ;)
Good luck!
Nigel
cheers mate, all sorted now. We did test on a car battery and it worked. It turns out it was his regulator that was the problem, he had a 5-pin regulator and no battery
it seems it wasnt chucking out enough voltage, soon as we changed it for his old regulator (3-pin).....bingo it worked
cheers
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hi, excellent an informative thread this ....
Just fitted my SIP speedo and I've a couple of questions please.

Rev counter seems high, I used sideouts initial settings and set the pulse to 1, but it seems high. I'm sure I read that it should be an alternative setting but I can't find where I read it. What should the setting be for a standard lambretta with electronic kit etc. A/c with speedo powered by d/c battery.

Also, is it possible to set the rev counter to use the digital display with speedo using the analogue needle? I can't seem to find that option.

Cheers Steve
Last edited by Shipleystevep on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I have a v1 so no needle speed option but here are my settings and it works perfect.

SIP speedometer set up

Red 12v Brown 12v common to black feed on bulb holder
black ground

Menu 1 mph/kph

Menu 2
Internal speedo setting for cable 1

Menu 3
Circumference setting. Tire circumference 52.875" = 1343.025mm and Gear ratio at .70 or .77 heidenau k61 3.50x

Menu 4 fire signals per rotation, 3

Menu 5 clock

Menu 6 back light display

Menu 7 total mileage

Menu 8 adjustable mileage

BGM stator at 19 btdc
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

This is in this months Scootering Mag and thought it would be helpful to some....

.......I can see removing the plug in the rain and at night from a standard cylinder a bit of a mare..... :?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I can't see how this would be more accurate.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Because it's in direct contact with the plug!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

What's the best way of attaching the thin black wires.... :?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information