SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

I have not.... Manual doesn't mention that... Would that give these symptoms...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
victor

What about a resistor cap...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I use a resistor cap and an "R" plug. That works for me :)
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

Mine didn't work finw tiil I used an "R" plug (with normal cap). I use a wassell with battery and take the rpm info from one of the yellow wires from the stator. If you check the innstructions you'll see how to check if the AC wire from which you are taking the rpm info is good enough by using a tester set to measure AC up to 20V. If you measure between a yelow wire and the frame you'll see that have just what the instructions booklet says.
victor

Sorted it, already had a 5k ohm cap.

The plug is ER8ES btw.

This is how nice it looks now:

This is where I got the plug:

Always shocked when I find a spare I need in a shop and even more so when the people working there actually knows what they are talking about. "No, that can't be right, there's no E8RES, must be ER8ES..." :D
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

I'm just about the press the button on a SIP speedo - a few questions (I have trawled all 19 pages, but apologies if I've missed something that's already been answered!):

1. I can use a yellow stator wire for the RPM pickup (wassell with battery) - right?
2. Anyone know which length speed sensor I need for an LI Series 3? They list half a dozen versions in 20cm increments.
3. Does the additional box fit inside the headset normally?
4. Do I need the M8 or M10 sensor bracket for a ScootRS disc/hub?
5. As I'll be doing away with the speedo cable, is there something I can buy to blank off the drive to tidy it up?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm working away for a few days, so can't check the scoot myself.

TIA
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I got rid of the speedo drive completely.

Nerdy Norm

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for - do I just remove it, or is there some kind of blanking plate that I need to buy?
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Nerdy Norm wrote:Thanks, that's what I'm looking for - do I just remove it, or is there some kind of blanking plate that I need to buy?
I'd better start by saying this will probably only be suitable if you have the antidive version of the ScootRS external disc (and if you haven't got the antidive version it's an upgrade I highly recomend).
All I did was remove the speedo drive housing (and the worm gear on the hub) and replace it with a spacer the same size, in my case I used a suitable nut and one washer.

Speedo drive housing:

Replacement "spacer" nut:

Hope this helps.
Nerdy Norm

That's perfect, thanks. Don't suppose you remember the nut M-size at all? I want to have everything ready when I get round to installing it, and living in the middle of nowhere, the last thing I need is a 2 hour round trip to get a nut that I'm missing!

BTW, I've ordered the anti-dive SccotRS disc kit and it will be going on at the same time hopefully.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information