SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Has anyone tried running one on 6V?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
victor

I have now - doesn't work :(

1469leach
Main scooter: jet200/rapido 225

Is the DC Wassel issue sorted with the sip speedo now?Has anyone got all of the functions of the speedo to work including rpm gauge yet?

cheers Jeff
victor

The speedo really just needs 2 inputs; AC current for measuring RPM and DC for power (ok, and temp and speedo cable).

Can't see why a wassel should be a problem, most lambrettas turn off using the ignition switch.

That means you have AC current there as the switch short circuits the coil to kill the engine, right? Hook the RPM (brown cable) to that feed.

The 12V DC can be taken from the lights (RED cable on speedo, yellow in the headset if I'm remembering right)...
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

victor wrote:The speedo really just needs 2 inputs; AC current for measuring RPM and DC for power (ok, and temp and speedo cable).

Can't see why a wassel should be a problem, most lambrettas turn off using the ignition switch.

That means you have AC current there as the switch short circuits the coil to kill the engine, right? Hook the RPM (brown cable) to that feed.

The 12V DC can be taken from the lights (RED cable on speedo, yellow in the headset if I'm remembering right)...
Victor, I wouldn't recommend connecting to the LT circuit. I can assure you the rev counter function will not work with a Wassel setup which includes a battery, unless you do something like Eden did.

Without a battery there is enough ripple in the Wassel system to trigger the rev counter from its brown wire.

You also state that the speedo needs DC for power, it can happily convert "normal" Lambretta 12v AC using the little black box which comes with it. :)
victor

If you connect it to AC, does it have an internal battery to remember the settings? I suppose it does, as it's normally wired in to be powered on only when ignition is on but can anyone confirm?
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

victor wrote:If you connect it to AC, does it have an internal battery to remember the settings? I suppose it does, as it's normally wired in to be powered on only when ignition is on but can anyone confirm?
Yes, confirmed. :D
However, on some of them you have to reset the clock periodically.
soulsurfer

^^^Yes one of the features I was looking forward to having... Total wank on mine too :roll:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
victor

Ok, installed 12v electronic ignition today and everything works a charm... Except the speedo.... I think mine is faulty....

First of all, pressing the button for tree seconds to change settings doesn't do anything.

Revs first shows but twice what they should read. Then they start building up although the engine is still on idle and at 6000 the digital display stops showing them. The. It jumps to 12000 and only way to get them to 0 is to unhook the speedo altogether.

Speed isn't showing either, remains at 0 to jump to 199kmh.

I'm running it on 12v ax, both power and Rev meter hooked up to the same power source which reads about 11.5 - 13v depending on Rev.

Clock works though.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or do I need to send mine back for replacement...?

ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

victor wrote:Ok, installed 12v electronic ignition today and everything works a charm... Except the speedo.... I think mine is faulty....

First of all, pressing the button for tree seconds to change settings doesn't do anything.

Revs first shows but twice what they should read. Then they start building up although the engine is still on idle and at 6000 the digital display stops showing them. The. It jumps to 12000 and only way to get them to 0 is to unhook the speedo altogether.

Speed isn't showing either, remains at 0 to jump to 199kmh.

I'm running it on 12v ax, both power and Rev meter hooked up to the same power source which reads about 11.5 - 13v depending on Rev.

Clock works though.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or do I need to send mine back for replacement...?

I take it that you have not fitted a resistor spark plug such as a B8RES.... wont work without a resistor plug...... ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information