SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Speed Demon wrote:
sideout wrote:I see Sticky has done a review in the latest issue of Scootering (No313). The problem with the Rev Counter on Wassell DC systems is recognised, but unfortunately no solution as yet, apart from some strange reference to "...members of the 1980s hip-hop community are busy with the soldering irons...." which I have to admit was lost on me. lol :)
Flavor Flav told me to say it :D
I saw that coming... :frog: Good report matey, despite the dubious references ;)
Nearly finished running in the new TT3? We need an update!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

clubbook wrote:Just had mine fitted fitted by a mate(Wack63) and everything spot on! Fit, temp, revs, and speed. and thats with a standard cable at the moment. As good as your gonna get in my opinion!!!!
Is that in a GP or SX type headset if you don't mind me asking?
clubbook

It is a GP headset. Quality fit.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

clubbook wrote:It is a GP headset. Quality fit.
Bugger, well that seems to be the state of play with the SIP speedo, fits a GP headset no problem - not so good with the SX headset (that I've got :cry: ).
Apparently SIP are addressing the issue, wonder how long we'll have to wait!
Speed Demon
Dealer

On a serious note - to get round the Wassel problem you could try (not tested - 100% guesswork):

put a 1:1 transformer in line on the yellow wire circuit feeding the Wassel. take the 2 outputs of the transformer and earth one end. Feed the other end to a 12V regulator and the output of that to the AC input of the SIP speedo.

Ideally the transformer would have the same thickness wire as the stator wires - any thinner and it may restrict output to the Wassel unit.
Get to SULK
soulsurfer

Do these work okay on a Varitronic, and would they fit a Winter model headset without the same SX issues?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Speed Demon
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:Do these work okay on a Varitronic, and would they fit a Winter model headset without the same SX issues?
In order: Yes, dunno.
Get to SULK
neilt
Main scooter: lml/vespa p200

Can someone help me please, lost instructions for the speedo, can some one post up an idiots guide on how to adjust the settings please. Everything is working on it but I need to calibrate it for mph, time, wheel size etc. Cheers.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

neilt wrote:Can someone help me please, lost instructions for the speedo, can some one post up an idiots guide on how to adjust the settings please. Everything is working on it but I need to calibrate it for mph, time, wheel size etc. Cheers.
I know it's a pain, but there's quite a lot of info on the previous 11 pages. You might find what you want on page 1 ;)
neilt
Main scooter: lml/vespa p200

Managed to figure it out, it was the sequence of seeding it up that I was unsure about, got most the settings from here. Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information