SIP Lambretta Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

That's not normal for mine, the needle's never moved :) :) :)
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

Train Driver wrote:Is this normal, engine off (he had broken down) keys out and no battery fitted to the scooter

I have ordered a SiP speedo should i be worried :lol: :roll: :lol:

dont think it`s normal but mine keeps doing that !!.....had it running off a small battery would`nt show speed or f88K all else so just turned it off :shock:
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

Train Driver wrote:Is this normal, engine off (he had broken down) keys out and no battery fitted to the scooter

dont think it`s normal but mine keeps doing that !!.....had it running off a small battery would`nt show speed or f88K all else so just turned it off :shock:
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
david
Playstation gamer tag: darkbretta

speedo problem, not normal
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

The guy that broke down... :roll: was told tonight that it will reset when up and running.... :?
coaster

sideout wrote:.....I wonder if the Wassel DC pioneers on here have got any clever ideas for a work around? Or is the future AC?.... ;)
Has anyone actually tried connecting to a Wassel DC set up with the rev counter feed connected to the DC output from the Wassel unit? maybe there is enough 'ripple' in the DC to trigger it, can't do any harm to try it in any case. If the battery smooths the DC out too much I wonder if inserting a diod into the possitive lead from thr Wassel and attaching the rev counter 'downstream' (isolating the batteryt) would work?
Does the technical specification for the SIP speedo give any info on the AC signal requirements for the rev counter? If it'll take up to 30 odd volts then connecting to the unregulated side of the Wassel unit would work. If not then it might be possible to work out some kind of voltage reduction arrangement.

Any thoughts on either of the above J1MS or Firekpd??
Ketje

joeswoonara wrote:

I had the same thing today but it reseted everytime I turned off and on the engine. I was much better when I disconnected the temp-sensor. Maybe it picked up noise from the sparkplug (as I don't have a "R" - plug) and makes the tacho go wrong. I have to try with another sparkplug.
To get the tacho correct with an indian ignition I had to choose preset 3 to work correctly. The speedo doesn't work at all :( .
fsmlittler

I have just installed one of these on my Electronic GP (no battery). I connected both the Brown (tacho) and Red (power) to the brown feed in my headset which shows 10.5 volts. The display will power up but nothing seems to work apart from temperature, the button to switch display etc does nothing and the rev counter needle slowly creeps up the scale.

Anyone else had this and cured it?
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

im buying one but im going to study this thread until everyones ironed out the problems!! my CEV wobble speedos shite anyway so even if i got temperature and a few fancy lights it would be an improvement!!!! :D
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I haven't set up everything properly :roll: yet. But on Sunday the speedo topped at 61mph (not completely flat out) and my sat nav recorded a top speed of 63.5 mph . Is this accurate enough or should I set it up better? Not done the milometer yet as I broke down.... :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information