engine block repair

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
db67

hi, i've got a damaged 200 engine block that has cracked around the cylinder stud hole/crankcase mouth, i've posted some pics but they've not come out to well ! is it possible to have this alloy welded & retapped or i'm i looking at a new engine block !!! which i can't really afford !! :( also does anyone know if anybody offers this service around louth,lincs area ? many thanks for any info. db67 Image Image
RBG

You can get that repaired. Localy I don't know.
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

CS Engineering in Norwich can repair it. Give Chris a bell on 01603 414666
steve chapman

hi Ted , if you speek to beedspeed they use a local welder, he did some work for me a while ago on an endplate , i could drive there but couldnt tell you where it is , spot on job , think he charged me about £20 , also broady did some work on my other gp engine . 1st class job but not so cheap , hope thats a bit of help , ps hope you and here in doors are both ok . Steve
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

A chap in Boston does mine and if you book he may do it while you wait.
steve chapman

wack 63 wrote:A chap in Boston does mine and if you book he may do it while you wait.
thats worth knowing matey thanks , Steve
shocky

its worth getting the gasket face "refaced" after any welding even if this means having a slightly lower deck height (sometimes and advantage ) or you may the risk of an air leak in the future and could end up running weak and causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage ,its worth the piece of mind to get it done once and correct
i have in the past done several repairs like this and always build up extra on the outside of the stud hole then helicoil the hole (now superseded by timeserts)
i no longer work as a welder so cant offer to do this and my welder at home really isnt powerfull enough for this type of job
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Yes he resurfaces the gasket face on Lambys and Vespas.Just done all the work on a smallframe Falc motor for me which is not an easy task,crank housing enlarged,welding to transfers and base gasket skim.
steve chapman

will have to give you a shout , next time i need some work doing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information