headset identification help

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

I have swapped a non chrome ring sx headset for a chrome ring one. The fit isnt great and the top half has had some welding at some point so im looking for a new top to fit the bottom. On closer inspection it looks as though the bottom may well have been a non chrome ring one that has been machined down....?

Anyways the bottom is stamped 19.76.1010 can someone let me know what the bottom part was origonaly and what number headset top i should be looking for to try and get a half decent fit first time... :o

There doesnt appear to be any inncoenti markings either so could this be a remde item maybe?

ta
sef
SouthamptonSaint
Main scooter: Spanish Eibar TV200

Hi, i have the same lower headset sitting here. Those numbers are for a chrome ring type, like mine yours appears to be a Spanish one, Innocenti ones are marked with the symbol.
RICSPEED

ring and non ring tops differ at the bar ends .. either come short or over lap the bottom half .. all explaned in spanners book
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
sydduckett

RICSPEED wrote:ring and non ring tops differ at the bar ends .. either come short or over lap the bottom half .. all explaned in spanners book
yes i have got the book but waanted to identify what i had first, which looks like has now been done by the loveley mr rickspeed. Now do i have a dilema? Do i need a Spanish Chrome ring top half now to ensure i get a good fit or will an italian chrome ring top do the job? Also i dont want to use a spanish one as it has the 2 screws on the side for the light adjustment.... :?

anyone shed any light.....get it.... :roll:
RICSPEED

sydduckett wrote: looks like has now been done by the loveley mr rickspeed.:
come again ???
sydduckett wrote: i dont want to use a spanish one as it has the 2 screws on the side for the light adjustment..
only the later type
sydduckett

RICSPEED wrote:
sydduckett wrote: looks like has now been done by the loveley mr rickspeed.:
come again ???
sydduckett wrote: i dont want to use a spanish one as it has the 2 screws on the side for the light adjustment..
only the later type

Sorry, meant Saint not you mr ricspeed... :D So the best fit is likley to be a spanish early chrome ring top which doesnt have the adjuster screws on the side would this also not have the 3 lights set just above the speedo? My knowledge of servettas is very limited.. :o

Anyone know what this top is likely to be stamped with? and while im at it will an early italian fit okay?

Ta
RICSPEED

sydduckett wrote:Sorry, meant Saint not you mr ricspeed... :D
still no idea what you mean :freak:
sydduckett

RICSPEED wrote:
sydduckett wrote:Sorry, meant Saint not you mr ricspeed... :D
still no idea what you mean :freak:
SouthamptonSaint identified the lower part of the headset as being spanish in the 2nd post so.......hence my error....
SouthamptonSaint
Main scooter: Spanish Eibar TV200

The top part that should fit ok is a Spanish one part number 19.76.1002 as fitted to eibar series 3 scoots, basically the same looking as Italian ones, no holes around speedo.
sydduckett

SouthamptonSaint wrote:The top part that should fit ok is a Spanish one part number 19.76.1002 as fitted to eibar series 3 scoots, basically the same looking as Italian ones, no holes around speedo.

Cheers for that, do you think an early italian chrome ring top would also fit?

ta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information