Loss of spark

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Before I dive in thought I'd seek advice as to what to check first. Completely loss the spark today, swapped the plug at roadside still nothing. When kicking over with the lights on the bulb lights up so some power there, what order would you suggest i check things, stator last I presume (hope) :)
Cheers
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

You don't say if you're on electronic ignition or not. I would work my way backwards, ie. if no spark at plug and you have tried another good preferably brand new properly gapped plug, then take cap off HT lead and see if you get spark from end of lead to casing. If not, and on electronic, disconnect green from loom at CDI and try again (this would eliminate a dodgy ignition switch) If still no spark, try another CDI. After that it looks like stator.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
coaster

What Dapper said, spot on. But don't get confused with your lights working, the lights work off a totally independant set of coils to the ignition.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Cheers fellas, got as far as new plug and green wire, have to dig out another CDI but as it wasn't that long ago that I changed the pick up got a feeling it's gonna be the stator.
mark

stop p1551ing about and get the multimeter on your stator .white to green 450-550 ohms and white to red 95 minimum but i always insist on 100
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information