push down chain tensioner

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

hi can anyone recomend a push down chain tensioner for my ts1
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

it looks like a good idea in theory, i just wonder why ive never needed one in hundreds of engines,tuned and standard. is it a case of solving a problem by adding more complexity??.i adjust my chain every three thousand miles and buy a good chain, always cut the run out off the bottom guide and i've never experienced any problems. i admit severe chain stretch could occur over 20 horse and this might be a solution but do i want a guide made of moving parts running a long stretched chain in my engine. hhmmmm no thanks, i'll stick to using high quality parts and a little carefull setting up. still the jury out on them till i meet a rider who's had one in for years and never split his casing. :?
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
soulsurfer

^ But would you rather use a stretched worn out chain on a 16/46 combo or a chain the next size up and a pull down tensioner? ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
les perry
Main scooter: GP 230 TS1

twenty eight

fitted this to my ts1225 today,changed the gearbox and wanted to fit a 17 tooth front sprocket with a 47 tooth clutch 82 link iwis chain used,but has a precaution put time certs and locktighted the cap nuts,got it from scooter centre germany the green one is made by LTH
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

Im always suspicious of new ideas until theyve done "time served" but there seems to be a reasonable arguement that this is a genuine improvment over the tried and tested garden shed developed match your chain to the gearbox and sprocket hassle. Guilio at Armandos scoters has been trying to sell me a Casa one for months and i know he has done a big mileage with one but im a bit hesitant to try it in my rally bike till i hear about the kind of miles people have travelled over their time with them. i personally have never had a chain go on me and the only chain hassle ive had lately is two new SIL engines with choke stretchy chains that had more slop than wormwood scrubs. i genuinely admit im very impressed by the look of the things.My Rally bike probably gives out 20hp+ and is usually 2 up, that puts the chain under a fair bit of stress.
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

twenty eight wrote: Image
I hope that you're going to centre the clutch spider circlip. :shocking:
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

On mine I'm looking at the upper fixing bolt and its half covered by chain when tensioner is pushed down enough to gain correct amount of play in chain, so its difficult to get allen key in. Photo makes yours look like this also.
potato
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information