fast flow tap

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

I just fitted a Camlam (no led) one today as the last one siezed up and the universal joint snapped :?

The rear exit version fitted ok but I ad to loosen the tank straps and fiddle the tank round a bit to get it in. The seal was as corrado says and has the seal as part of the plastic filter.

I will strip the other one down and hopefully unseize it for a spare.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Dazza wrote:I can concur with Sean here, I must have bought three or four before I found one that was any good - camlam was the answer - ebay aint :shock:
I had a couple but just take them apart and drill the holes out a touch bigger then they work fine.
geedubu187

byron wrote:
RBG wrote:I'm using one! very good.
me too, makes for a nice fuel pipe route.
although not so impressed with the low fuel warning light. I failed to see it and ran out of fuel for the first time in years [luckily at the top of a hill with a petrol station at the bottom :mrgreen: ] , which kind of defeats the object of having one... I think I'll replace the led with a more noticeable bulb.
You might want to fit an led into your speedo as I have done, it makes seeing it a lot easier :)
Graham

Why do my toys get more expensive the older I get?
jonbus

as usual,the tap wont fit,have to raise the tank with packers.need to pack xtra as the wife is into the rallys now,ah,the joys of lambrettas.
coaster

jonbus wrote:as usual,the tap wont fit,have to raise the tank with packers.need to pack xtra as the wife is into the rallys now,ah,the joys of lambrettas.
Mine was a fiddle to fit but didn't need to raise it, I just loosened the straps and rotated the tank until I could get the tap bolted up then rotated the tank back. The tap spindle just clears the mount, angled it slightly inwards to miss the cable on my PWK, jobs a good'n 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information