turning down headset

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

RICSPEED wrote:syd the biggest problem for a machinest would be the requirement of a jig in which to hold the headset square in the chuck and also assuming the lathe was big enough in the first place to clear the bar ends ,as said above i would use a joiners marking gauge to scribe a line arround the bottom edge then remove carefully and frequently trial fitting to check the gap as you go
You wouldn't use a lathe to do a job like this, you'd use a milling machine ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
GT Guy

I had one done by John Madison (Scooter Loopy John). Top work as you'd expect. Did it for mates rates but he is reasonable anyway. He's your man if your anywhere near the South coast
FATBLOKE

sydduckett wrote:
FATBLOKE wrote:You would stand a very good chance swapping your non chrome ring headset for a chrome ring headset... I would give it a try on some of the forums.

Martin

Thats a good idea, think i will give it a whirl to see if anyones interested in a swap.

I might have a chrome ring headset at home mate, I am currently in India and will be back a week on friday if you aint sorted by then I will give you a shout.

Martin
steve67

I've got one i will swap with you i you like.
sydduckett

FATBLOKE wrote:
sydduckett wrote:
FATBLOKE wrote:You would stand a very good chance swapping your non chrome ring headset for a chrome ring headset... I would give it a try on some of the forums.

Martin

Thats a good idea, think i will give it a whirl to see if anyones interested in a swap.

I might have a chrome ring headset at home mate, I am currently in India and will be back a week on friday if you aint sorted by then I will give you a shout.

Martin
Okay, cheers martin. A guy on the forum has offered me a swap but if it doesnt come off I will drop you a pm. Hope your weathers better than ours

Cheers
sef
shocky

post removed due to mongness
Last edited by shocky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soulsurfer

shocky wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:syd the biggest problem for a machinest would be the requirement of a jig in which to hold the headset square in the chuck and also assuming the lathe was big enough in the first place to clear the bar ends ,as said above i would use a joiners marking gauge to scribe a line arround the bottom edge then remove carefully and frequently trial fitting to check the gap as you go
id mill it not turn it ;)
That's what I said Steve ;-)
soulsurfer wrote: You wouldn't use a lathe to do a job like this, you'd use a milling machine ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
shocky

soulsurfer wrote:
shocky wrote:
id mill it not turn it ;)
soulsurfer wrote: You wouldn't use a lathe to do a job like this, you'd use a milling machine ;-)
lol i never read page 2 befor i posted :oops:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

shocky wrote: id mill it not turn it ;)
ok clever cloggs :frog: the requirement for a jig to hold it would still apply though :freak:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
0bserver 1979
Main scooter: jet 200

I have the same problem so have looked for a new headset bottom just waiting for my cheque to clear. Still need the correct horncasting though.
Dave.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information