Super Monza, is this what we've been waiting for?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:picked it up today and rode it back from Charlies about 90 mile trip
its absolutely fookin awsome , nothing like ive ever ridden
before it just pulls and pulls and the noise from the pipe just snarls and growls
you do need to keep it on the pipe and not happy at low revs chugging around town ,
early days yet but so far so good , Steve
Awesome!!! :D

Found out today that mine is ready to pick up next weekend!

I might now race an R6 on track every other weekend, but believe me, I can't wait to get this motor on the road :anbrgin;
soulsurfer

steve chapman wrote:picked it up today and rode it back from Charlies about 90 mile trip
its absolutely fookin awsome , nothing like ive ever ridden
before it just pulls and pulls and the noise from the pipe just snarls and growls
you do need to keep it on the pipe and not happy at low revs chugging around town ,
early days yet but so far so good , Steve
Sounds good Steve, but what primary & secondary sprockets are you using with the TV box, as its a low revving kit anyway? What symptoms are you getting round town or is it just a case if getting used to the motor and the gearing as well as being a new motor?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I'm in two minds over what to do. I was thinking of buying a GP resto, and spending £3500-£4000 on it, or sinking the same sort of money into a complete Super Monza engine package. I could then sell the Imola engine in my Scoot and whack the Super Monza in her. I could then sell the Imola lump and get a few quid back. This engine seems the way to go :D
steve chapman

hi soulsurfer ive got 15 x46, think you might be right its just amatter of gettig use to it ,
its not a problem around town but it just wants to go , what did you think when you road
charlies
soulsurfer

steve chapman wrote:what did you think when you road
charlies
The same as you're thinking now, it's like nothing else out there :-D
soulsurfer

Much better than the earlier CamLam graph.
hotwheels

Over 30bhp for a touring motor, wasn't just me then because it felt like a beast when I rode it and I've got a 27bhp rb that goes well but you have to rev the nads off it which shakes everything to bits!!! Looking forward to getting mine now :baddevil:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Can't say that I'm too interested in 30 bhp at over 7,500 rpm on the road but 22 bhp & 20 lbs ft torque at 5,700 sounds fantastic.
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

That looks like a very wide spread of power, it must pull like a train in top 8-)
steve chapman

gtwildcat wrote:That looks like a very wide spread of power, it must pull like a train in top 8-)
it does mate on the way back from dyno , i overtook a lorry doing 80 (friend following me in car) and it felt like it had still got loads left ? it just keeps going and going
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information