Super Monza, is this what we've been waiting for?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

diesel wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:Don't people take pistons/barrels back all the time when they've been sold with a poor head design/unsuitable rings/etc?

Do they though?I am sure there are a lot of amateur mechanics like myself out there having a crack at something that maybe should be best left to a responsible adult, I would have thought that as far as proving the existence of a fault the manufacturer could maintain the weak link in the chain would be the chimp that installed it. I would be reticent to complain about a piston I holed if I did the jetting on the carb myself,or ring failure if I installed the piston. The spectre of being humiliated as an incompetent in the small claims court would make me shy away from pursuing the matter very far
I think we are talking about the SM being built by CamLam themselves with all the bits they reccomend. If you build it yourself then there is wriggle room for sure if it goes pop. If it did go pop after they built it then i would expect them to sort it out free of charge, if not then i would be over the counter to express my concerns in a more agricultural way.....but thats just me..... :D
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

on a full motor package build and installation and dyno plus the price tag to go with it then id say thats fair comment providing the motor wasnt abused in anyway,but if i removed the float bowl to find water in it or sand,or the tap was only half open or fuel filter blocked then it would be at your own expense which is a bitter pill to swallow when youve just been recovered by the aa after spending a coupe of grand as well as spoiling the weekend away but it really wouldnt be a fault of either the parts or the builder and this is where problems can arise and ill feeling creeps in
but having said that if it was installed some checks on the above points could be made and pointed out
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

I've got experience of CamLam and a blown stage 5 Mugello 225 (a Reaper tune supplied by them). I called them and they told me they didn't have another Muggy 225 in stock so asked if they could replace it with a 225 Monza. They sent by return post a monza kit with absolutely every part to get it sorted and set up. Different size gaskets jets, etc. They said to pop the oold kit back when I went to their open day so I did and asked how much I owed them. They said nothing as the blow up was caused by a faulty piston ring that had shattered and taken the rest with it. They didn't even charge me for the difference in price between the Monza and the Mugello.

So I can vouch for CamLams honesty and for the facr they stick by their products. Use it as they tell you to and you won't go far wrong with the SM IMHO as it's from an honest company and developed by Mr perfection CE.
sydduckett

Special X wrote:I've got experience of CamLam and a blown stage 5 Mugello 225 (a Reaper tune supplied by them). I called them and they told me they didn't have another Muggy 225 in stock so asked if they could replace it with a 225 Monza. They sent by return post a monza kit with absolutely every part to get it sorted and set up. Different size gaskets jets, etc. They said to pop the oold kit back when I went to their open day so I did and asked how much I owed them. They said nothing as the blow up was caused by a faulty piston ring that had shattered and taken the rest with it. They didn't even charge me for the difference in price between the Monza and the Mugello.

So I can vouch for CamLams honesty and for the facr they stick by their products. Use it as they tell you to and you won't go far wrong with the SM IMHO as it's from an honest company and developed by Mr perfection CE.

Good on them for being so fair. Its good to know they will replace if its down to them as opposed to forgetting to put oil in or similar.
Tom Russell

Well, as per the title, I'm still currently waiting for my Super Monza (only paid for all the parts 7 months ago! :roll: ) to be finished (by CE), but keen to hear from anyone who has got one on the road - Steve Chapman? - and what their initial thoughts are??

Obviously, read through this whole thread (again), and it sounds very impressive, but is it as great as we are led to believe??

Please tell me the answer is Yes!!! ;)
steve chapman

hi Tom , not much to report as yet , ive got it on the road but was running very rich , so booked it in for a dyno with charlie last thursday , but on arival his dyno was playing up and ended up leaving it there , which is where it is now , should be picking it up sunday/ monday ,
thinking of riding it home which will give it about 100 miles so will be able to give you more of an idea . Steve
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:hi Tom , not much to report as yet , ive got it on the road but was running very rich , so booked it in for a dyno with charlie last thursday , but on arival his dyno was playing up and ended up leaving it there , which is where it is now , should be picking it up sunday/ monday ,
thinking of riding it home which will give it about 100 miles so will be able to give you more of an idea . Steve
Hi Steve, thanks for this. :)

I (and I'm sure everyone else) look forward to hearing about how it performs! :?:

If you get a dyno printout, maybe put it up on the dyno section of the forum. :idea:

Cheers for now,

Tom :D
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:hi Tom , not much to report as yet , ive got it on the road but was running very rich , so booked it in for a dyno with charlie last thursday , but on arival his dyno was playing up and ended up leaving it there , which is where it is now , should be picking it up sunday/ monday ,
Hi Steve,

Did you manage to pick up your Super Monza, and if so, how is it now performing :?: :?:

Cheers,

Tom :)
steve chapman

no mate not picked it up yet :(
steve chapman

picked it up today and rode it back from Charlies about 90 mile trip
its absolutely fookin awsome , nothing like ive ever ridden
before it just pulls and pulls and the noise from the pipe just snarls and growls
you do need to keep it on the pipe and not happy at low revs chugging around town ,
early days yet but so far so good , Steve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information