Super Monza, is this what we've been waiting for?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Avantone wrote:
TV200 with 15x46 looks like the best fit with 2k of overlap between the all important 3rd and 4th.

70mph @ 6100rpm with plenty left for effortless overtaking.
Try it with AF Indian close ratio box with 21 x 46 sprockets for more overlap 3rd to 4th, not so good 1st to 2nd but that's of less importance.
Tom Russell

steve chapman wrote:hi Tom havnt cam lam got any tv200 boxs , they had a few when i bought mine , Steve
Hi Steve,

I didn't think of trying camlam for a TV200 box, so I would be interested in knowing what you paid for yours; PM me if you prefer.

Must admit though, I like the idea of using a bigger front sprocket to give the clutch an easier time.

Tom :)
Tom Russell

corrado wrote:
Avantone wrote:
TV200 with 15x46 looks like the best fit with 2k of overlap between the all important 3rd and 4th.

70mph @ 6100rpm with plenty left for effortless overtaking.
Try it with AF Indian close ratio box with 21 x 46 sprockets for more overlap 3rd to 4th, not so good 1st to 2nd but that's of less importance.
That's a good idea as well Martin, but what chain would I need for 21 x 46, and where could I get a 21 tooth sprocket?? :?
steve chapman

pm sent Tom
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

21 x 46 needs an 83 pitch chain Tom. One of the beauties of Tony's gearbox visualiser it that it goes into great deal, even down to chain lengths.
21 sprockets are out there as I've got one myself as it's a combo I wanted to try with an Avanti and Ads3 exhaust. I got mine off a clubmate, I think he said he got it off Martin at Chiselspeed. AF close ratio box is about £95 when Rayspeed have them in stock. I can't remember the ratios but Harry Barlow is making some close ratio gearboxes based on Spanish boxes, so Harry's worth a shout at http://proporting.com/contact.htm
Tom Russell

corrado wrote:21 x 46 needs an 83 pitch chain Tom. One of the beauties of Tony's gearbox visualiser it that it goes into great deal, even down to chain lengths.
21 sprockets are out there as I've got one myself as it's a combo I wanted to try with an Avanti and Ads3 exhaust. I got mine off a clubmate, I think he said he got it off Martin at Chiselspeed. AF close ratio box is about £95 when Rayspeed have them in stock. I can't remember the ratios but Harry Barlow is making some close ratio gearboxes based on Spanish boxes, so Harry's worth a shout at http://proporting.com/contact.htm
Thanks Martin, that's brilliant, so I've now got a few different options to try out, if I don't like my initial set up :D

Just a bit bizzare putting together a motor using such tall gearing, though I've no doubt the Super Monza will pull it!; in comparison, my old Group 4 race scoot was completely the oppposite, using Pacemaker and 15 x 46 at every circuit, though it used to rev over 10k in fourth, and made over 30bhp and all it's power at the top of the rev range! :shock:
turbovan

ImageAs mentioned the new billet tree is made from EN36b high grade steel used very commomly for gears, the original Italian and Spanish trees were tested (thanks! you know who you are)and found to be made of this material, almost the same composition of materials used for many years! EN36b can be case hardened and then tempered back to retain a hard wearing outer skin, typically 20 thou thick, but tough inside to absorb shock loading. So the new tree is made from the same material as before. The gear trees are then cryogenically treated to enhance the hardening process and make the material tougher by some 25%. The all important percentage drops are 1-2 28.86%, 2-3 25.54% 3-4 18.7% these percentage drops are closer than the pacemaker gears which are 30.8%, 27.3%, 19.65%, the nicest thing about this tree is that you can use your sx,gp 150 box 1,2,3 50, 42, 39, and a gp200 4th 36T. Harry has also made a replica MSC close ratio tree 11, 13, 16, 18 from spanish 150 trees and new 3rd and 4th made in one piece and heat shrunk and tig welded on with very special rods, this was complex to do and time consuming!! but the finished result is cryoed and very well made. The billet trees are on the road and performing like they should!! pics of the msc cr tree are above.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information