Super Monza, is this what we've been waiting for?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote:
Are you suggesting that a home tuned iron barrel is as powerful as an expensive shop-bought kit?

:D
Muttley McLadd wrote:
nelson pk wrote:However all the high end barrels come in aluminium and nikasil lined for these reasons.....cooling and wear properties. Fact.
Or opinion..

Another option is that people love buying things that they don't need and wont use. And other people make a living selling it to them.
Top form tonight Muttley. :bigsm:
nelson pk

Top form eh......its easy to make jokes at other peoples expense.
Still got that piston port barrel with 180 degrees inlet timing and no spit back what so ever Muttley?
Mmmmmmmmm.......that one didn't go down too well did it?
nelson pk

soosh wrote:
nelson pk wrote: As i said, cast iron can be reliable and its cheaper but is it considered to have better properties than aluminium barrels?........i dont think so.
Better properties? Not sure what you mean but I've read the word "bulletproof" before to describe kits.So I recon if you put both barrels on a fence and shot at them with a sawn off,I recon the iron barrel would still get you home.
Yeah, ok. :roll:
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

im a huge fan of iron barrels, thrash them and distroy them then rebore them a the local engineering firm and fit a piston from some two stroke or other with home made rings and youve got loads more fun, however i realise my RS tuned tv200 barrel isnt going to catch a super Monza on the way to the Isle of white. For that id need to spend big dosh on modified casing and a probably TS derived creation with a fuel pump and all the trimmings - stuffing,chippolatas and apple sauce.so what we are talking about here is buying the parts as a over the counter sale and fitting them in your garage and coming up with a scooter as powerful as a wet dream from the 80's??? if so then both of these kits; Ron Moss's and Super Monza are really quite amazing. Now im not the most diplomatic of people or easily impressed by witchcraft and obviously im cleverer than everyone else on here but it seems to me that theyre both way ahead of the game. i'd happily test either if anyone wants to give me a free sample.in the meantime im steadily destroying the worlds supply of cheap iron barrels nobody wants and having a whale of a time doing ti.Maybe the AA would love to sponser me on a Super monza so they can again make a profit!!! :D
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
nelson pk

Check out our forum to post technical questions, share your experiences and tips, and meet some of the UK's top scooter tuners.

Thats a quote from the homepage and this forum...............
I will not post anymore messages on this forum. Its turned into a bloody circus. Some people just use it to insult, take the pi55 and they dont just take the pi55 out of certain people, they do it to everyone that they dont agree with and they just show their lack of knowledge.
I initially thought it was funny and now its just become tiresome.

To all mods......eventually you will find that people will end up not bothering to post on here because they know it will just turn into a mess of pi55 taking and insults.

Good luck with your forum.

I wonder how long it will take for the pi55 takers to jump on this message before it is removed.
:roll:

P.S Before i post this i noticed that alcoholic maniacs has posted a message in the meantime. This message is not a reply to that.
sydduckett

soulsurfer wrote:Hi Chris, yes I see where you're coming from, but what I mean is that when this is all bolted together as per the instructions, you will get what it says on the tin and as Nelson describes, you won't be faffing around experimenting to get the best from this, you put it all together and you'll get what you're told you'll get, you'll even save the dyno costs 'cos it's all been done for you. In other words, if you don't want to be riding up the road doing plug chops every five minutes and posting pictures asking whether the colour is good or not, but would rather be riding off into the sunset without fear of holing your piston after having built this motor, then that's plug and play, nothing to do with engine builds is as simple as unpacking a DVD player, but this is as close as you've ever had. So by comparison I think it's pretty much plug & play.

Going back to cost, how much would one spend on top quality parts, set up costs, travelling to dyno sessions etc. etc. for a motor that produces 30bhp and 20 ft/lbs? But I guarantee you it still won't have the tractability of this motor, the top figure isn't the be all, it's about how it performs on the road and how it pulls the gearing that counts, and I very much doubt that any motor that's produced the same peak figure before this even comes close, plus there's reliability to think about.

Steve, I saw the casings that Charlie's been working on, you won't be disappointed ;-)
Does that mean that if you get CE or cam lam to build it for you using all the reccomended parts then it cant go bang and if it does they will replace all parts and give labour for free?.....If so thats great if not then its the same as every other kit only faster and more exspensive... :?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed the broken quote .................I think Sid send me a pm if Ive fucked it up please :)
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

i freely admit i know fuckall about the science of tuning and thats why i have read Nelson PK's posts carefully, if he feels offended that he's taught me more than i've taught him then we'll have to go back to bashing each other over the heads with OS barrels in a scootering iron age re-enactment. i treasure my low IQ and its steady further reduction at the hands of Joshua Tetley. :shock: If i splash out on a super Monza instead of a TS1 next autumn then i dont care about a hp/rev curve it'd just better be "f****n scary" for the money. :baddevil:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
sydduckett

Does that mean that if you get CE or cam lam to build it for you using all the reccomended parts then it cant go bang and if it does they will replace all parts and give labour for free?.....If so thats great if not then its the same as every other kit only faster and more exspensive...

Having said all this i like the sound of the kit and would be very tempted to buy one if i can get the money together.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

nelson pk wrote:Top form eh......its easy to make jokes at other peoples expense.
Wow, chill out, I thought Muttley's jokes were funny. I'd didn't read them as a direct pop at you in particular just comical jousting banter.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

the big q for me is this, the super monza is big bucks we can all agree on that, but just what are u getting for this huge layout,
reliable ? i know ts1s what havnt been touched for years and years , top speed ? i know ts1s and rbs that can do 80 and pop along all day at say 65 (in the real world ) but at these speeds 6000/7000 revs , so what is it going to do for us ? 90mph ? pop along all day at 75-80 mph at 4000 revs ? it really has got to show some vast improvements for us at the price they want , so come on guys n girls some one tell us what it is please
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information