Super Monza, is this what we've been waiting for?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark

If its bought as a built unit how long is manufacturers warranty ? 3years or 100,000 miles? A day?
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

mark wrote:If its bought as a built unit how long is manufacturers warranty ? 3years or 100,000 miles? A day?
mmm prob 0 mark i recon lol
mark

That stops me buying then as have spent too much on engines that f@@k up too quick.
Muttley McLadd

mark wrote:If its bought as a built unit how long is manufacturers warranty ? 3years or 100,000 miles? A day?
I'd have thought that a warranty for manufacturing defects wouldn't be too hard to do.

It's not as if the SM kit has been rushed to market untested. If they're set up right, there shouldn't be anything go wrong, should there?

Don't people take pistons/barrels back all the time when they've been sold with a poor head design/unsuitable rings/etc?
CakeAndArseParty
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Muttley McLadd wrote:Don't people take pistons/barrels back all the time when they've been sold with a poor head design/unsuitable rings/etc?

Do they though?I am sure there are a lot of amateur mechanics like myself out there having a crack at something that maybe should be best left to a responsible adult, I would have thought that as far as proving the existence of a fault the manufacturer could maintain the weak link in the chain would be the chimp that installed it. I would be reticent to complain about a piston I holed if I did the jetting on the carb myself,or ring failure if I installed the piston. The spectre of being humiliated as an incompetent in the small claims court would make me shy away from pursuing the matter very far
mark

i would expect a good long warranty on all parts and labour if i bought a ready built engine. i dont see how you can be expected to pay for rebuilds or anything when you have bought a complete proffessionaly built engine of this spec
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

talking to a couple of Italian mates it seems to me that the super Monza kit was developed as well for national pride, we have been selling a lot of the fastest out of the box performance kits for Lammies to the italians and their Mugello 225 is a bit of a joke in the power stakes against the RB. I think they wanted to up the stakes and they got a lot of motorbike technology and knowledge thats available in Italy and created a no expense spared kit. The rear hub has been upgraded for this with bolts made of steel used during aircraft manufacture i was told. i have spoke to Tino a few times at italian rallies and he's a guy who is concerned with quality and actually uses his stuff.The Ron Moss kit looks like a very British affair with fantastic performance within a budget and clever use of upgrades like bigger cooling fins to offset the air cooled disadvantage in overheating. we don't know how either will last in England in the hands of thrash it merchants over a couple of years and 20,000 miles but we do know a ts1 is a good start in the power stakes. i think a lot of people will be convinced when these kits start to clock up miles if they prove as good as the figures the designers have acheived in the longterm. Bare in mind that at 1000+ youre getting into the bespoke engine builders price brackets. it might be a good development test to give these kits to two complete morons with home tuning aspirations and basement IQ's (anybody i hang around with) and find out whats left of them in a year!!! :ugeek:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

...and today we have this from CamLam Facebook page
Image[/quote]

Are there any current graphs,this is an old one from july 2010 and if you read the notes can see it was a develpment graph during its r+d period

its high torque comes as a result of its lower rpm peak than most which is ideal for its target audience.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

With regards warrantys on performance built motors or parts then you could ask why motocross bikes and road race bikes dont come with one ,well only manufacturing defect warrantys exist
there sold as a performance motor upgrade and the manufacturers/builders cannot control many aspects,
the fuel used , the oil used ,the fuel oil mix ,the age of the fuel (bio content means it absorbs water into the mix over a short period of time, jetting and ignition settings ,jetting problems from blocked jets,ignition problems from faulty cdi/stator,incorrect heat range plugs,fuel frothing from eng vibes(carb body touching eng mount) causing lean running,fuel starvation from poor fuel delivery faulty taps/lines/filters ,taps that are thought to be on at the halfway point but need to be 3/4 to actually turn on fully due to sloppy linkages,motors that have ran lean upon switchover from on to reserve or just ran out of fuel,split carb rubbers,porous crankcases ,leaking gaskets,unlevel base gasket areas on the casing all causing air leaks,crank seals with springs popped off or nicked seals all of which can be found from a leakdown test,motors built with poor sealants,out of true cranks from being hammered in and bearings with side load thru incorrect shimming,head and base leaks when not retorqued,stretched studs when poor quality,poor fitting cowlings/fan cowling mismatches,incorrect assembly squish/cr/port timing
then theres the running in procedures that are issued that are supplied from likes of af/mb/ron moss that give strict instructions of maintaining low operating rpm for long mileage periods and not loading the engine up,they may seem harsh and agree are a bit ott but the lifespan of your expensive motor is at risk if not followed.Then theres just plain rider abuse and error thrashing a motor for miles then slowing down for a junction/roundabout letting motors run down from peak rpm on a closed throttle without as much as a single blip on the throttle then engaging 3rd as an engine brake causing the motor to run dry of fuel and oil when its the hottest and most vulnerable (air cooled motors rely on fuel cooling alot) often ending in seizure
i believe most people know that these are old motors with many issues and being 2 strokes s**t happens and regularly does,if you buy in to performance then your buying into a reduced level of reliability and mileage reduced/service intervals become more regular.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
RICSPEED

mate of mine worked for Suzuki ... the huge amount of rg500's that came back was simply down to exactly what you have just said as the owners simply did not stick to the strict running procedure
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information