cam lam 6 plate clutch fitting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
steve chapman

trying to fit a 6 plate clutch from cam lam , the components are., deep crown wheel , deep spider, surlex bell , and red soft feel clutch ,

fitted everything together and struggled to get the circlip on , everything seems very tight

has anyone had this problem or any ideas , thanks Steve
Speed Demon
Dealer

steve chapman wrote:trying to fit a 6 plate clutch from cam lam , the components are., deep crown wheel , deep spider, surlex bell , and red soft feel clutch ,

fitted everything together and struggled to get the circlip on , everything seems very tight

has anyone had this problem or any ideas , thanks Steve
Have you put the bent up steels in the correct order and position?
Also have you made sure the pressure plate is not touching the clutch nut or tab washer?
Finally try again without the springs in case they are coil binding when compressed.
Get to SULK
steve chapman

hi speed demon thanks for your reply

i was told it didnt need the clutch plates bending up as i was using the deep crown wheel

and as you have pointed out the bell is touching the nut or possibly the tab washer and yes i think the springs are coil bound , but not sure how to sort it , steve
Speed Demon
Dealer

steve chapman wrote:hi speed demon thanks for your reply

i was told it didnt need the clutch plates bending up as i was using the deep crown wheel

and as you have pointed out the bell is touching the nut or possibly the tab washer and yes i think the springs are coil bound , but not sure how to sort it , steve
The friction plates don't need bending but some of the plain plates are pre-bent and must go in in the right order. Assemble correctly without the springs fitted and see if you have any play.
Get to SULK
steve chapman

thanks for the reply speed demon, think i might have sorted it , the clutch was suplied with all 1.5 mm steels and should have had some 1 mm steels with it , fitted it back together today and seem a lot better , i can now get a 1 mm feeler gauge in when compressed , so fingers crossed , Steve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information