Cam lam power jet

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lockman69

I have a Dellorto phbh 30 fitted with a cam lam power jet

I don't have any instructions, does anybody know how to set these buggers up ?

Cheers.
soulsurfer

It really needs to be done on a dyno by someone who knows what they're doing.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
nelson pk

As soulsurfer says, best way is on a dyno with someone who has good experience with power jets.
You can do it yourself but it is harder than standard if you don't know normal settings for a non powerjetted 30mm on your set up, as you would have to set it up with the powerjet off like a normal 30mm to get your mormal settings then drop the mainjet by say 5-8 and test on the road but not using above 1/2 throttle and be gentle.
What your looking for is the biggest needle you can run without it missing and fourstroking. Once you find that, turn the powerjet on to 3/4 of a turn (generally thats a max setting) and adjust it to get it running clean. Dont go below 1/2 a turn on the powerjet as it could cause wide open throttle to run lean.
However, the length that the powerjet protrudes into the venturi will also affect when the powerjet comes in on the throttle and also if you stick a remote filter on this will cause the powerjet to come in earlier.
The powerjet wants to be coming in at just under 1/2 throttle when riding to be safe.
If you dont feel confident go to a reputable dyno centre as it can tie you up in nots if your not careful.
Hope this helps.
soulsurfer

I had mine set up with an adjustable power jet and 5 hours were spent in the dyno room setting carb and timing. I changed pipe from Dev-Tour to a Franspeed Race and it spent another 4 hours setting the carb alone resulting in dropping the the main jet by one, fitting a larger float valve and increasing the power jet by 1/4 turn, imagine how long that could take on the road :-?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
lockman69

Thank's for the info chaps... Ride safe.. Brett
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information