Leaky Tap

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Any ideas, I've just had a long range tank welded, seam had cracked, it's the oversize lambretta shape. Anyway put in, not used for a year or so, and petrol keeps p1551ing out of the top of the tap. It seems like the nut holding the tap on is loose, I have tried 2 & different taps so guess it must be the thread on the tank itself. Anyway to sort this? I've tried PTF tape, plumbers stuff, with no joy don't think it likes petrol, is there an equivilent for this type of thing or any other ideas? :(
Cheers
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

There is different types of ptfe tape , for water , gas , oxygen , gun wash / thinners so I'm guessing you have used the plumbers stuff ? as you know doubt have found out it won't last 5 mins . Maybe try the ones made for paint pumps , if you want I could grab some from work and send it to you , and you could try that , other than that google a company call "frost" they do automotive parts some weird products you never know they might have something that will do the job , from what I remember afew of the lads on here have used parts from them namely the tank cleaning and sealer , very good I must say they even have a home chroming set up

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?eghfqd
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

Cheers Johnny, thanks for info. as it turns out it looks like the threaded part has cracked at the tank, so I guess it's back to the welders :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information