How hot does a TS1 kit get? Kosos CHT gauge ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

Thanks for all your comments. I think i will mount it under one of those long cylinder nuts, where the cowl normally bolts onto and see if it stays below 150.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I had mine mounted under the plug (koso with rev counter and CHT digital gauge from MBD) and got around 210 most of the time. It fitted fine with standard cowls BTW.
TS1 225 35mm tmx carb, devtour pipe with EGT also and rocho 5 plate clutch running gp200 standard gears.
Diablo
Dealer

I did quite a bit of work trying to work out what was safe regards temp etc.
I think if you have the sensor mounted under the plug 200 degrees is your limit really and 210degrees c is when things are too hot.
I know that a bike will run down the motorway chomping up miles at 180 degrees c and think for an air cooled bike this is getting near optimimum.
It is a pain to mount under the plug but I think it is better to mount there regardless of the issues. If you grind a suitable recess in the head its not so bad. I'd question whether anywhere else gives you a rapid enough responce.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Under the plug is best. Just rebuilt mine again! It's under the plug now after holing the piston wen I had it on a fin. Might have caught it earlier if it had been under the plug but I'll never know. lol
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Old thread I know
But does anyone run these over the plug on TS1 & what’s the highest temp in Fahrenheit the engine is running too hot??
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

nelson pk wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm My bet would be that it depends on where the sensor is mounted.
On bikes and other air cooled motors without fans you can mount it under the plug and this will give you more of an instant reading.
Because of the cowlings on a lammy, you have to mount on a fin, so different people are going to mount it in different places. Some closer to the combustion chamber than others.
Its still going to warn you if your bike is running abnormally hot because you know what temp it normally runs at.
Only problem i see is how quick will this indication be if your mounting it on the fins.
An accurate EGT would probably be better in my opinion.
Someone with better knowledge may come along and tell me i'm talking B******s but thats where i think different temps may be coming from.
Dead right. Mine only read about 90c when on a cylinder stud. Moved to right aft side of head out of airflow with a stack of penny washers to keep it at temperature and now reads 150c. Still running in so I expect more when I'm really giving it some.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information