Winter Model Light Switch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

Anyone have a close up of a Winter Model light switch to show what's written on the top, you can just see in this pic...
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
RICSPEED

thought the winter was like gp ?? or is that eibar tv ?? ...IAN !!!
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

The Eibar TV has an ignition switch, so yes, I believe it's like GP, the Winter is like Series 3 Li, not sure about other Eibar S2, are they the same as Italian S2?
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

My Eibar S2 has an ignition and the Li3 style lightswitch same as above. Originally they were chrome as far as I know, mine is, but has no visible writing.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

My winter-model has nothing written on light switch but will check again asap.
They have the Li S3 switch and Eibar S2 with round headlight has the italian S2 switch.
Anyone has an idea of this dark grey RAL color code?
I know the main frame light grey is Papyrus White but for the other color codes...
soulsurfer

I thought it was the Eibar TV2 that had an ignition switch and that non-Winter S2 had the Italian rectangle switch :-?

I am told originally they were alloy, made by Leonelli, and later made in chromed steel by the same company. Apparently it will say" Leonelli Barcelona" on the front facing part of the alloy switch, just wanted to see a close up if anyone has a picture?

I think the grey is a modern metallic/pearl colour.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Can anyone clarify the frame numbers on Eibar Series 2 and Winter models? I`ve seen info online that states Winters started at 040000 but also that Series 2 ran to 045000, mine is 04000*.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

soulsurfer wrote:I thought it was the Eibar TV2 that had an ignition switch and that non-Winter S2 had the Italian rectangle switch :-?

I am told originally they were alloy, made by Leonelli, and later made in chromed steel by the same company. Apparently it will say" Leonelli Barcelona" on the front facing part of the alloy switch, just wanted to see a close up if anyone has a picture?

I think the grey is a modern metallic/pearl colour.
Leonelli is the company that used to make the Jet switch with the orange button.
I well understood that on this picture it was a mettalic/pearl color, i was thinking of the original dark grey :?
totally scooters
Dealer
Main scooter: Eibar TV Lambretta

Just to clarify. Only early Spanish S2's (round headlamp) had rectangular lightswitches. However most round headlamp S2's had S3 style switches (including the 'winter' models). I have checked my original switches and none have writing on them, so i guess that not all were made by Leonelli.
Spanish S2 and S3's 125 and 150's were fitted as standard with a cut out button. However most come with a simple 'on off' type ignition switch which i believe was an optional accessory at the time. The later TV models and early JET's were fitted with Italian style multifunctional ignition switches.
Winter models were introduced in 1964 and most tend to be in the 040000+ range of numbers. However like all things Spanish, the numbers cannot be taken as gospel.
Hope this helps, Perry.
soullad
Dealer

Bofs wrote:Can anyone clarify the frame numbers on Eibar Series 2 and Winter models? I`ve seen info online that states Winters started at 040000 but also that Series 2 ran to 045000, mine is 04000*.
Winter frame numbers .... I have seen 04****, 05**** and one 06**** (I know of another).

Bofs - I believe your 04000* frame is an early winter model, do you have the rest of the scooter, there are afew other details which might help confirm this?

Like Perry states, its unwise to draw a line in the Spanish sand re. frame numbers etc, cos without definitive factory output data, its sometimes tricky to keep apace of the evolution of these machines. Their resurgent popularity is also happening over in the homeland so maybe given time our Spanish friends will be able to help us out.

Re. Leonelli Barcelona, I have seen this stamped on the top of early Spanish Vespa square light switches ... could the winter in the picture have adapted a Vespa version? I have never seen a Lambretta stamped version.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information