Lambretta revving on after clutch is pulled in.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Chris F
Main scooter: 1967 Lambitsa 200

Question for you. I've got a 24 mil Mikuni on a 200 Sil barrel with a taftspeed mk4. The prob is when pulling in the clutch it's revving on for about 2 to 6 seconds before it drops down enough to shift appropriately. It's not revving it's nuts off like it has an air leak & it doesn't do it all the time, but its enough to be annoying.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Chris F wrote:Question for you. I've got a 24 mil Mikuni on a 200 Sil barrel with a taftspeed mk4. The prob is when pulling in the clutch it's revving on for about 2 to 6 seconds before it drops down enough to shift appropriately. It's not revving it's nuts off like it has an air leak & it doesn't do it all the time, but its enough to be annoying.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Throttle cable routing or fraying ? Pilot Jet ??
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Air leak ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

it might be the clutch isnt disengaging fully/dragging holding up the revs
also piston port motors at high rpm have a habit of holding the slide if the slightest bit tight
u could try richening the mixture screw a turn or a slightly bigger pilot jet just in case its high rpm/small throttle position leaning out.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Darrell Taylor wrote:it might be the clutch isnt disengaging fully/dragging holding up the revs
also piston port motors at high rpm have a habit of holding the slide if the slightest bit tight
u could try richening the mixture screw a turn or a slightly bigger pilot jet just in case its high rpm/small throttle position leaning out.
would a retro fit power jet help in this situation?

muppet,
C’est la vie
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

Darrell Taylor wrote:it might be the clutch isnt disengaging fully/dragging holding up the revs
My clutch used to do this, it can give you heart failure after a long blat at full throttle!! To make sure that it isn't an air leak or lean part throttle and that it is the clutch, try knocking it in to neutral and see if the revs drop straight away.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Muppet wrote:

muppet,

still yet to see a pj on a 24..

and i'd say the carb is lean..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

Muppet wrote:

muppet,
the power jet will only draw at wide open throttle or a bit less depending on its fitted location in the venturi so wouldnt help apart from improved slide lubrication if its sticking
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

red ghost wrote:
Muppet wrote:

muppet,

still yet to see a pj on a 24..

and i'd say the carb is lean..

the pwk is available as a 24mm and 21mm power jet version from the various pwk copy manufacturers although the power jets function is different on most of them as its fitment method varies considerably, some deliver early and some dont deliver until the throttles been open a few seconds
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information