LI 150 Series II tank capacity ...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Devo McDuff
Playstation gamer tag: Devo-McD
Main scooter: Vespa PX200E Arcobaleno

Can anyone tell me what the total tank capacity is and how much of that is reserve?

Ta.
Joe shields
Main scooter: Lambretta gp 186 mugello

i think with the standard fuel tap it is 8 litres full capacity and 0.7 litres reserve :)
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Total capacity is 1.9 Gallons (8.5 litres)

Included in the above is a reserve of 1.5 pints (0.8 litres)

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Devo McDuff

Cheers for the info. I have been experimenting the past month or so and had gauged that the standard is about 7.5.

How many miles would you expect for that roughly?

I've recently had the Casa 185 kit put on and am only getting between 50-55 miles before going on reserve. Not sure what I was getting exactly before the kit as I didn't test and only had it for a few months as standard, but I know it wasn't great then either.
bristolmod

assuming its a standard engine and driven "reasonably", a tank from brim full to just going on reserve would give you around 100 miles or so, or something like 80mpg

Lambretta actually quoted around 120 mpg in the old handbook, but this was before there was any advertising legislation that tried to improve the actual truth!! (see their claims for top speeds on standard bikes as well!!!)

edit- just seen the "Casa" bit- thats probably in the "correct" region for that kit, but it will vary tremendously on how the bike is driven; the carb and jetting; timing; the weight its carrying.............., and even the atmospherics on the day

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Devo McDuff

Would be happy at the 80 mile mark but as it is I'm going to be stopping a twice as much as my pals when on long rideouts. Reckon I might look at the long range tanks options!
bristolmod

Devo McDuff wrote:Would be happy at the 80 mile mark but as it is I'm going to be stopping a twice as much as my pals when on long rideouts. Reckon I might look at the long range tanks options!
which brings its own problems such as leaking seams if you get a bad one....................great hobby isn't it :D
Scootering since 1968.
Devo McDuff

Ha, yes ... it definitely has it's trials!
mark

my std indian gp200 when new did 38 miles to a tank then another 11 on reserve riding it flat out which i now know wasnt the indicated 74mph(bretta speedo) but an actual 50-55mph. fitted a ts1 and fuel economy went up
RBG

We also got more MPG from petrol rather than this E10 shite we buy at the pumps these days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information