gp150 engine

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

Doom Patrol wrote:I doubt you'd see that sort of speed out of a standard GP150. It would rev out before you got to 60.MPH.
a standard GP150 will do a good 60 and its possible to touch 65 flat out on a long enough stretch but the revs are low enough for them to do 55/60 for sustained periods with a standard exhaust. A good GP150 engine built with top quality standard bits is a torquy jem of a motor and for one up riding and a little back road knee sliding id leave as is, maybe upjet the carb a touch.everyone seems to be fitting mugellos and other performance kits and then i pass them on A roads doing 45?? wny. if you dont really use a sustained 60mph for long periods then save your money and petrol. 8-)
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
fsmlittler

My 150 engined GP with AF Clubman did just over 50 GPS on the flat and with Mugello 186 and rejetted Jetex it now manages 65. If a basic GP150 can do 65 then surely my Mugello should be capable of 75-80mph?
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

fsmlittler wrote:My 150 engined GP with AF Clubman did just over 50 GPS on the flat and with Mugello 186 and rejetted Jetex it now manages 65. If a basic GP150 can do 65 then surely my Mugello should be capable of 75-80mph?
Every engine is as good as its parts. i have had 60 cruising speed on the M4 out of a possibly tired Italian Import dl150 with a "well" run in Barrell. admittedly i havent used a GPS speedo for a top speed run so im guessing on the M1 with a long enough run i could coax it quicker. i could be wrong as i havent worked out the specifics of gearing, power at the wheel for a 65 top speed ,still there could be 10mph difference in the way i carefully build a 150 engine and the care that goes into a shop rebuild. never underestimate a well built standard engine just because we all work with variomugellotronicido artificial additives and have left our iron barrell stone age stuff behind.under 11 stone and behind the bars in a slim jacket is 10 mph!!!! :D
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
mark

Gps speedo are the best tuning aid there is as it stops all the number shouting and pub bullshitting.
A good example is my mate he had a p2 with a pinasco kit,sip exhaust and big carb and it would go off the clock, he thrashed it all over the country flat out. He wouldn't believe it wasn't doing 90mph until he borrowed the gps speedo and found out it was actually doing68-70mph, I think turned him gay as he now rides a gts 300 flat out everywhere but refuses to put the gps back on. Lol
coaster

fsmlittler wrote: Mugello 186 and rejetted Jetex it now manages 65. If a basic GP150 can do 65 then surely my Mugello should be capable of 75-80mph?
Mine is the same with a 28/30 PWK and JL3, L1 150 gears and 15/46 sprockets once saw 67 but other days 63 is only just possible. Tail winds need to be taken into consideration ;)
soullad
Dealer

mark wrote:Gps speedo are the best tuning aid there is as it stops all the number shouting and pub bullshitting.
A good example is my mate he had a p2 with a pinasco kit,sip exhaust and big carb and it would go off the clock, he thrashed it all over the country flat out. He wouldn't believe it wasn't doing 90mph until he borrowed the gps speedo and found out it was actually doing68-70mph, I think turned him gay as he now rides a gts 300 flat out everywhere but refuses to put the gps back on. Lol
Agree, most modern phones are equipped with gps nowadays. Turn it on and pop it in your pocket next time you are on your scoot. I doubt any standard gp150 will return a top speed of 65, thou nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong. :lol:
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

would something like this be ok? obvisouly would upjet the carb to suit

if not what about something like this

coaster

marktheskin wrote: would something like this be ok? obvisouly would upjet the carb to suit

if not what about something like this

Unfortunately both of those are for a 200 casing and wouldn't fit you casing without modification. The 2nd one's are available as 175 or 185 cc at around rthe same price but the quality is 'variable'. Cleaned up versions form some of the dealers are around £50 more and would give you a conciderable increase in performance.
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

when you say cleaned up do you mean the prts smoothed out?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

I'm thinking of cleaning up my Sx150 if I can to try to get it over GPS @47 mph; what would it be best to use to do this would it be best to clean it up with a rb 250 or a super monza :anbrgin;

muppet,
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information