gp150 engine

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

ive got an indian gp150 with a sterling pipe on and was wondering what i could do to it to get a bit more power out of her. everything about the engine is standard and has been recently re built

thanks alot
Muttley McLadd

Power for riding two up or for going faster?

How fast does it go now? 60/65?
CakeAndArseParty
marktheskin

power for going faster but id nt wanna spend loads on it and not sure cos its still tunning a new 150 barrel but it should cruise at about 50/55
Muttley McLadd

A GP150 will do 60/65 as standard, wont it?

I had one that Simon Farrell built when I was 17 that went that sort of speed. I don't think he'd tuned it.
CakeAndArseParty
marktheskin

yeh it probably will but that will be flat out i was hoping for something that would do that sort of speed all day with no problems (hopefully this is a lambretta haha)
goldeneye

Muttley McLadd wrote:A GP150 will do 60/65 as standard, wont it?

I had one that Simon Farrell built when I was 17 that went that sort of speed. I don't think he'd tuned it.
get me one will ya.
bsso78

ill have one as well
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I doubt you'd see that sort of speed out of a standard GP150. It would rev out before you got to 60.MPH.
mark

Mine does 45 tops and its a fresh rebuild, you have to scream it in 3rd put it Into 4th and hope that you don't meet an incline. Lol this is genuine gps speed not lambretta speedo fantasy speed
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

marktheskin wrote:ive got an indian gp150 with a sterling pipe on and was wondering what i could do to it to get a bit more power out of her. everything about the engine is standard and has been recently re built

thanks alot
Cheapest bang for buck would probably be to simply port the top end for starters, then if your budget will allow look at bigger carb and an expansion chamber......those 3 simple steps will see your smiles per hour increase straight away.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information