gp150 engine

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

marktheskin wrote:when you say cleaned up do you mean the prts smoothed out?
To some extent yes but the hieghts of the transfers can be a bit uneven as well also the bore clearance needs to be checked (3.5 thou)
scooterslag

mark wrote:Mine does 45 tops and its a fresh rebuild, you have to scream it in 3rd put it Into 4th and hope that you don't meet an incline. Lol this is genuine gps speed not lambretta speedo fantasy speed
Indian or Italian? mine does way over 50mph ( Italian GP150 spec) The India GP150 top end has tiny ports and s**t power output.
The mack daddy on the left!
mark

its indian , its quite nice to ride a std bike after all singing ,dancing power monsters tbh
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

alcoholic maniacs sc wrote:
fsmlittler wrote:My 150 engined GP with AF Clubman did just over 50 GPS on the flat and with Mugello 186 and rejetted Jetex it now manages 65. If a basic GP150 can do 65 then surely my Mugello should be capable of 75-80mph?
Every engine is as good as its parts. i have had 60 cruising speed on the M4 out of a possibly tired Italian Import dl150 with a "well" run in Barrell. admittedly i havent used a GPS speedo for a top speed run so im guessing on the M1 with a long enough run i could coax it quicker. i could be wrong as i havent worked out the specifics of gearing, power at the wheel for a 65 top speed ,still there could be 10mph difference in the way i carefully build a 150 engine and the care that goes into a shop rebuild. never underestimate a well built standard engine just because we all work with variomugellotronicido artificial additives and have left our iron barrell stone age stuff behind.Under 11 stone and behind the bars in a slim jacket is 10 mph!!!! :D
That will be where I'm going wrong then. :lol:

It is a fantastic little engine though in its standard configuration and will run and run.
Supereibar

Evening gentlemen, as one of the few here who uses a standard GP150 top end (with GP200 gearbox & sprockets, indian box exhaust & 22mm jettex) every single day of the week, I can assure that there is no way in hell, one of these engines will go over 88 km/h, even on AVGAS. Maybe blueprinting and making the tolerances closer to standard you could reach 95km/h but that is it. I use an Indian barrel that soullad kindly gave me years ago, and it has always run beautifully. After I did the run in, the engine would keep the revs up, it has a lot of torque and it has a very very nice power spread. Sorry to disagree with many opinions, but it is by far the best lambretta engine you can ride for your money: Reasonably fast, loads of torque, excellent fuel economy, very little wear, easy maintenance...

J.
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

i think im gonna run it in and see how she goes and if i get fed up get it bored out and ported. if my wallet allows me of course haha
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

talk about fantasy speeds never even seen a gp 200 hit these speeds lol u lot bin talking af { ts1 hitting 90 mph circ 1990 ish lol my rappido 61 mph my ts 72 reon a 150 is good for 55 200 maybe 60 ish on really good day a1 conditons and i have gps and vapour speedos
Bufficus

rbgaz wrote:talk about fantasy speeds never even seen a gp 200 hit these speeds lol u lot bin talking af { ts1 hitting 90 mph circ 1990 ish lol my rappido 61 mph my ts 72 reon a 150 is good for 55 200 maybe 60 ish on really good day a1 conditons and i have gps and vapour speedos
You fitted the Avanti yet Gary, and what are you doing with your old RB Kit?
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

Bufficus wrote:
rbgaz wrote:talk about fantasy speeds never even seen a gp 200 hit these speeds lol u lot bin talking af { ts1 hitting 90 mph circ 1990 ish lol my rappido 61 mph my ts 72 reon a 150 is good for 55 200 maybe 60 ish on really good day a1 conditons and i have gps and vapour speedos
You fitted the Avanti yet Gary, and what are you doing with your old RB Kit?
hi si long time no see
got to get another 200 lump for avanti kit as i want to keep me rb or just not bother and ride me dragster
cev

my standard 69' dl150 will sit at 50 - 55 all day(garmin gps). On a long downhill stretch it will touch 60 if thrashed but into wind or uphill it struggles . It depends what you want to use it for. For me, it isnt quite fast enough for A roads & motorways (i hate being overtaken by artics when its p1551ing down) but for short journeys and round town they are a joy to ride. I'd say theres about 5mph difference between standard 150 & 200.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information