Slip joints

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

cezeta wrote:wurth do a hi temp matt black silicone sealant. its gggggreat.

it wil seal a slip joint or anything else you need sealing. if you spray the surfaces with brake cleaner first then it sticks like crazy.

i have re built engine mounts with this stiff and twigs before and it lasted from italy to the uk. also sealed a split petrol tank which lasted 500 miles or so.
Any idea what its called?
this came up on fleabay
only goes to 250 degrees tho,

cheers
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I use Loctite 595 on the stub which is similar to normal silicon sealant but is bit thicker and more heat resistant. The main issue on the stub is that the exhaust is fettled so that it isn't stressed and pulled to one side when everything is tightened up. Also that your springs hold the exhaust in tight.
clubbook

jonashford wrote:

it wil seal a slip joint or anything else you need sealing. if you spray the surfaces with brake cleaner first then it sticks like crazy.

i have re built engine mounts with this stiff and twigs before and it lasted from italy to the uk. also sealed a split petrol tank which lasted 500 miles or so.
this came up on fleabay

cheers
I.ve used gas flue sealant regularly which only quotes this max temp, and has been fine for many miles.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

Agree with Cezeta - i use the Wurth black sealent in my rebuilds and everywhere else which needs sealing!.

Its about a tenner and comes in an easy finger touch applicator for fiddly jobs.

Recommended highly

;) ;)
cezeta

jonashford wrote:

this came up on fleabay

cheers
im using this one at the moment http://www.scooter-center.com/scoweb/pa ... egory2=CAT and although not high temp its still withstands the exhaust joint but the high temp one i used to scrounge from a mates workshop and came in a bathroom sealant tube with a gun.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Clear silicone sealant (the kind that smells of acetic acid) will seal slip joints and is resistant to very high temperatures . . I've even used it on exhaust flanges with no problems. That "thing pictured on the above exhaust is clearly a carb rubber and I reckon it'll melt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information