Sparkplug problems............

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Maz

Nippon Denso - where can I buy these from?

What is the product code? 24 & 27, but what are the other letters?

Is it W27ESU?
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Bought mine off this chap - spot on ..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPARK-PLUG-DENSO- ... .m14.l1262
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
wax

This is an interesting thread. My TS1 240 eats plugs (i have 4 spares in my toolbox!) so i could do with an alternative to the NGK i use at the mo'. The trouble is, is that my engine has a readspeed centre plug head (this takes half an hour to change plugs! no joke: exhaust off, runner board off, shocker off etc: on the side of a busy dual carriage way, the other weekend). The plug i use is a short reach one too: NGK B9HS. Is there a Nippon alternative to this type of plug? Any help would be great.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Ive used the Augusto & Mtech retarders, dont bother now, no complaints with either, I just couldnt seem to understand the changes either of them made, so I got rid to make thigs easier for myself, I use an IRIDIUM plug in my rb no problems so far.
mark

i have now started using these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denso-Spark-P ... 1c2009b237 1/4 the price from a dealer , this is a replacement for the br9es that i ran b4 and bike def seems to run a little better and none have failed yet unlike my ngk's
ming

camel wrote:go for an 8 rated plug..9 is a very hot plug.if the plug gets "wet" it can spark too the eye but not in the barrel,ive had this myself.
Sorry mate, but I believe a 9 is a pretty cold plug according to NGKs rating system. Lower numbers = hotter, eg 6. Most folks run a 7 or 8, with some folks running 9s on heavily kitted bikes to stay safe, esp on long runs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information