Impatient git

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Grimley
Main scooter: SX200

I'm sure this question has been asked before but... can anyone recommend a 200-225 kit (Avanti, TS1, Mugello, RB etc) that has a "standard" or proven exhaust/carburetion set up?
The most important thing is... I have little or no time to run it in! So something bolt on and go.
I have a tuned scooter and a weezy old standard scooter but I need another motor to go touring, two up for 1500 miles in May.
I've got a Jet 200 and a SIL 200 casing to work with... answers on a postcard?
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

TS1 as it's been proven as a good all rounder ie you can set them up to whatever spec floats your boat!! And as a nicasil lining very little running in time required.
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

And as a nicasil lining very little running in time required.[/quote]
never run any of mine in start it up a let it rip IMHO :D
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

The TS1 kit was ideal for the lazy rider, as you could get the kit for £400 and have it supplied with a grade of piston that was one grade looser than the actual cylinder and pretty much cut loose from the word go.........not exactly the correct/right thing to do......but it could be done!! lol

Shame they are all but extinct now!!

The Avanti cylinder is an excellent bit of kit......but not for you if you want to let rip from the word go, Ron has written out some very explicit running in instructions to ensure every user gets the best from this kit and the least problems! ;o)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
joey

...mugello-monza..nicasil lined...friend of mine fitted new mugello 225 with proven jetting and drove full throttle from sheffield to darlington m1-a1 and back no bother... :o ;)
turbovan

have a look at harry barlows new barrel its ceramic plated should have my barrel back next week will post some pic's when i get it back
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

turbovan wrote:have a look at harry barlows new barrel its ceramic plated should have my barrel back next week will post some pic's when i get it back
I've heard much about these, but never seen one.....are they actually available on a commercial scale? If so.....where/how much etc...?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
turbovan

Best speak to harry as you can have 225 or 250 barrel im having a 230 kit my mate is havin 250 with 72mm piston depends on spec
dirtyhandslopez

Ceramic, IMO, will be the next big thing.
We were told 1985ish, doing City and Guilds, that all engines would be ceramic in the futrue. Low expansion rate, low cost, plenty of the resource available. It would mean that you would be able to run extremely lean mixtures without fear of seizing. Got to be good for fuel consumption, eh ;)
It is the future now, isn't it?
That's not going anywhere...
smiffy1968
Main scooter: Nevermind Mk1 T5

Ceramic sounds good. Did you see the old pic of your red and white outfit in the latest scootering magazine Darren?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information