Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Rick
Main scooter: Jet200

I think it's time someone started a TT3 owners club?..I used get on my bike once a week, now I'm doing 150 plus miles a week its just so much fun to ride, it pulls like a train, loves hills and I don't even mind riding with the wife on the back now.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Wish I could get on mine :mad: works gone ballastic again #7days a week again :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

After a couple of weeks off work (1 away) I've just managed to get out on my Avanti again... and the world is a better place again :)
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Agreed, finally got 5 speed in for mersea :D

Gave up on 6 plate clutch as needs fettling further to work correctly and went back to 4 plate surflex with some springs I sourced years ago when playing with 240's and no slippage at all after 250 miles of pure abuse!

The 5 speed is a top piece of kit making overtaking lorries a breeze and probably freeking them out by a rally loaded lammy zooming past with ease. Gear changes are positive and thought of what a new scooter would be like as only have used original 2nd stuff in past. Other note was fuel consumption , it was improved noting less fuel used at usual stops

The Avanti has been together in its 25+ form since Lincoln 65th and has been thrashed to several rallies, couple of spits and many dyno runs and on Schwalbe racemans.

Motor will be stripped after Elvington for evaluation of components for future engine builds
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Lambretta Sash wrote:
The Avanti has been together in its 25+ form since Lincoln 65th and has been thrashed to several rallies, couple of spits and many dyno runs and on Schwalbe racemans.

Shock horror :shock: :shock: :shock: Ya fitted Shwabbly racemans what were y thinking are y mad?????????
fab tyres love em,

muppet,
C’est la vie
coaster

Mine has been running like clockwork throughout the summer apart from some residual bogginess in mid throttle. I'd dropped the needle half a clip for the C2C using a small washer under the tip clip position but then took that out so the clip was fully on the top clip. That got rid of the bogginess but I'd been worried by what I thought was an increase in EGT and a slightly grey plug. So for the trip to Mersea, I thought I'd put the washer back in. Unfortunately, the washer had disappeared and I didn't have one small enough to fit in the recess on the top of the slide. Therefore, I had no choice but to go back to the original 2nd clip position with a consequent return of the boggynesss. That said, I rode over on the Friday night on my own and it just flew, only dropped below 55mph for roundabouts and the dual carriageway sections were all at 60mph plus. Going through Colchester was a bit of a pain but manageable as it isn't too bad at 30-33mph but on the return journey I gave it some after following a very slow PX125 for 15 miles or so. Just dropped down a gear and let it go, 72mph came up in no time even laden with camping gear and 2 pannier bags and wanted to go faster but after half a mile or so I'd caught up with the lead group. Got home and calculated the fuel consumption which included the boggy 15 miles and a couple of 70 mph plus blasts and made it 28 mpg which is quite an improvement on my C2C consumption 8-) Ron wants me to take it down to him for a look at it but I think I might have a bit of leakage on the magside seal (oil on the stator) so I'll wait until autum and strip it down first.
faf
Main scooter: GP 230 Mugello

Hi all,my Avanti (number 153 i think) will be on the road very shortly and i will post on here how it goes,but for now,have any of you fitted a long range tank with the avanti kit? (the type that takes up filter and toolbox space) The carb and manifold seem to sit further in towards the frame so much so that the carb is right beneath the tank and no room to fit cables! Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Ive got a diablo large tank on mine with no cable issues ( the kit that is) throttle cable rolls around the carb cut out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
faf
Main scooter: GP 230 Mugello

Mines an SSP tank bought from scooterotica,the carb sits further in than the cutout in the tank goes!

Think i'll fit my standard tank for now and deal with this issue at a later date......just want to get some miles on it now :)
joespeed

faf wrote:Hi all,my Avanti (number 153 i think) will be on the road very shortly and i will post on here how it goes,but for now,have any of you fitted a long range tank with the avanti kit? (the type that takes up filter and toolbox space) The carb and manifold seem to sit further in towards the frame so much so that the carb is right beneath the tank and no room to fit cables! Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
this depends on the tank ,the only one i use and recommend is the 'diablo tank',
packers under the barrel and different manifolds alter the position of the carb,the diablo one fits all that i have used,ts rapido rb dellorto,amal,mikuni,kehin and many more with all sorts of manifolds.
the vietnamese stainless has a slim cut out ,useless unless you use a long carb rubber!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information