Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

is the calculation rigt, that i need a 5mm base gasket on the TT3,
when using a 60/110 crank ?
Last edited by czeckson on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

4 ish
C’est la vie
czeckson

my calculation:

my crank 60 mm = 1,0mm
my conrod 110mm= 3,0mm
fitting instruction = 1,0mm
--------------------------------
everything together= 5,0mm
Last edited by czeckson on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OAP
Dealer

Indian. Spanish & Italian cases are all different so there is no hard & fast rule.

Do a dry run without any rings, start off as Muppet said with a 4 mm packer, check what squish you have and check where the piston is at B.D.C in relation with the bottom of the exhaust port.
This will then give you a measurement to adjust the base packer, if at all. if you need any further help please email me. cheers RM
czeckson

Now that i´ve got my 8mm studs, i did a dry-build with 4mm (3+1) spacer ->
resulting in an piston-offset of -3,8mm.
i ordered a 0,5 + 0,6 + 0,8 mm gasket to exchange with the 1mm
i used in the dry-build.
will start with the 0,6mm gasket which gives a sqish of 1,4mm during running-in phase.

Conclusion: the GT intercontinental cases build really high.
Warrick
Main scooter: Lambretta Avanti

Any one got a breath sweet filter running ok on an a TT3?... It runs fine but the petrol seems to pool in the elbow and stops it from starting if you cut the engine. Was thinking of making a drain or do I give up and run open mouth? I have a long range tank so horizontal but I can't see that making a difference.

The main reason for having a filter was to keep the engine cleaner. It spits back loads

Ta Warrick
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Yes had mine on the Avanti for 6 years now and it's fine with no problems with petrol accumulation in the bellows. Mine is at 90 degrees though to the right of the carb (ie; the long foam breathe easy filter sits across the top of the flywheel cowling) so it might be drainingg through that I guess. Your idea of putting in a drain at the bellows sounds good but suspect that would draw in air and be counterproductive to the breathe easy (I would have thought, but more knowledgeable people than myself on here will have a view).

I also read somewhere (not sure where) that the breathe easy almost provides as much air intake (controlled) up against an open mouth. My preference (not everyone's) is always to run a filter as I like the reassurance no grit or crap will get where it shouldn't, but in fairness many mates run open mouthed for years with no issues ....
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Mine runs a remote Breathe Sweet filter and I too have never had issue from petrol pooling in the hose... certainly nothing that has ever effected starting or running.

Adam
Warrick
Main scooter: Lambretta Avanti

Thanks for the replies, I'm guessing at the moment, need abit more time.. I'd never had a stating problem before fitting a filter and its fine from cold. We were playing with it yesterday in the end I took the filter off and it was fine then I ran out of light.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I have problems with "warm" starting with mine (Mikuni TMX 35) and put it down to fuel collecting in the rubber. If I turn the fuel off before stopping it seems to solve the problem...........the other option is switching fuel off, starting the scooter (numerous kicks) and holding the throttle wide open till it clears (sometimes takes 30-60 sec)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information