Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Where can I buy one from?
Jazzy

Ron Moss is your man.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Lamaddict wrote:Where can I buy one from?
I notice the Supertune (Ron Moss) website is down at the moment. Here's Ron's number 07951 952768
coaster

Jonhunter wrote:Ive had my kit four years in a mixture of different set ups, it now has a 62mm crank, atomic ultimate reed valve, wossner rm 250 piston , 30mm phbh, supertourer, and a cyclone 5 speed,
I really pleased with this set up, and like you say excellent off the shelf!!
I'd be very interested in some more information about you set up. was any porting work done with the reed set up? what affect on fuel consumption? any loss of performance?

Cheers

Colin
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... indeed, the more info that we can share about this kit, and the different setups that we're running, the better. This is a chance for 'grass roots' development as so few dealers/tuners seem to have picked up the baton of tuning theses kits. NB: I say tuning, however, I actually mean 'development' as most TS1 'tuning' over the years has seen machining of base area or fitting of 110mm rods to bring down transfer timing and de-tuning the cylinder to produce a wider spread of power. As such, I'm not necessarily talking BHP gains, more a case of getting the most out of this kit for a specific application; tuning for sprinting, tuning for improved MPG for touring, improved induction for low RPM work, etc.

FYI - I fitted a DJ external reed manifold to an otherwise standard TT3 and pickup/launch was improved but I've not put any miles on it to be able to give a more informed review.

The more we share our experiences, good or bad, the better informed we all are :)

Adam
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

I think Ron is away for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Adam, i'm just about to rebuild my GP200 engine with another Avanti TT3 as I was so impressed with the first kit (as stated in posts here above). It has been 5 / 6 years since I built the first engine, so appreciating things have moved on wondered what people's opinions were on best carb, exhaust set up etc was for the 'here and now' for such a kit. My LI special was built as a 'tourer' so maybe this one will be more of a zip around town set up utilizing the GP 200 Italian gearbox and playing around with the set up ......
Jonhunter
Main scooter: Sx 200

coaster wrote:
Jonhunter wrote:Ive had my kit four years in a mixture of different set ups, it now has a 62mm crank, atomic ultimate reed valve, wossner rm 250 piston , 30mm phbh, supertourer, and a cyclone 5 speed,
I really pleased with this set up, and like you say excellent off the shelf!!
I'd be very interested in some more information about you set up. was any porting work done with the reed set up? what affect on fuel consumption? any loss of performance?

Cheers

Colin
Hi Colin
My set up is as above with a bgm stator, kytronic, af six plate road, I was already very happy with my set up and a few of my mates said i should leave alone as it was going well!! I had a 35mm mikuni with a franspeed race and varitronic,
But i fancied trying something different, So i went with the above, i cant take the credit rodger at pro design did it for me
There was porting welding and maching involved, but i can report i love it, i think its better on fuel, its up on bhp and torque, and starts 1st or 2nd kick every time hot or cold, still getting used to the way it rides but as i say very pleased.
As i said it was already really nice but i find it hard to leave things alone
Cheers
Jon
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Hi Jon

Did the new set-up fit into the frame ok ? With the 62mm crank and packers it must have been a very tight fit or did the frame have to be modified ?

Mick
Jonhunter
Main scooter: Sx 200

mick1 wrote:Hi Jon

Did the new set-up fit into the frame ok ? With the 62mm crank and packers it must have been a very tight fit or did the frame have to be modified ?

Mick
Hi Mick
Everything went in fine, no frame mods, just offset cones for the reedvalve

Cheers Jon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information